Stupid offers.

Why do some buyers on Ebay send ridiculous low offers that are never going to be accepted.

You wouldn't go to a retail store and offer them a third of their advertised price and expect a positive outcome, so why on Ebay?

Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Stupid offers.

that can be aranged I do have purple paint   lol

Message 41 of 66
Latest reply

Stupid offers.

If i say I have a nice kitchen would that mean I am a misogynist     mmmm

Message 42 of 66
Latest reply

Stupid offers.

@joethenuts wrote:

i have to go now for the day and night,  but were did i mention she was the mother of my children  ,i shoukd call you mr asume  from now on   also 99.9 % of people out there thought i was telling a joke .mmmmmmmm

don't assume everyone thinks your funny Mr Nuts

Message 43 of 66
Latest reply

Stupid offers.

@joethenuts wrote:

If i say I have a nice kitchen would that mean I am a misogynist     mmmm

maybe you should start a new thread titled "joethenuts fan club " see how many takers you get

Message 44 of 66
Latest reply

Stupid offers.

Well would you like to know how many ebayers read these posters that message me direct and say while things are slow on ebay we can still have a good laugh when you post on the boards keep up the good work  mmmmm

Message 45 of 66
Latest reply

Stupid offers.

Don't give up your daytime job Mr Nuts

Message 46 of 66
Latest reply

Stupid offers.

will this color do   item nu 200964666087

Message 47 of 66
Latest reply

Stupid offers.

Yes, it is definitely a problem because you can get into strife whatever you do.

A non reply can look rude, but then, who asked them to make this "offer" in the first place?

Non of my items have "Make An Offer" on them.

I don't do business that way and don't appreciate unsolicited offers on already competitively priced items.

Some sellers do have "Make An Offer" and each to their own, but the price I put is the minimum I want, taking into account the costs of selling, tax and postage.

If the item doesn't sell, I will often drop the price or list it elsewhere than eBay...

Adding them to the BBL list is probably a bit harsh, although I have sometimes done this with people who persistently make very low offers..

"Make an Offer" causes confusion as to the value of the item and I cannot see any benefit in stringing out the process of buying any further than is necessary..

However, it probably works for some sellers, with buyers who have the perception they are getting a bargain...

Message 48 of 66
Latest reply

Stupid offers.

@yeoldecoinco wrote:

Yes, it is definitely a problem because you can get into strife whatever you do.

A non reply can look rude, but then, who asked them to make this "offer" in the first place?

Non of my items have "Make An Offer" on them.

However, it probably works for some sellers, with buyers who have the perception they are getting a bargain...

I like to use Best Offer on some items, but in my happy land, this is how I want it to work

Buyer choose an item - buys - does not yet pay, because he sees I offer combined postage and similar items ... so he thinks, hmm, I will buy a few more similar - saving heaps of postage - if the seller comes down a bit, so I will just put in an offer on the other ones I want. 

Mind  you, I don't get to visit happy land very often.

Message 49 of 66
Latest reply

Stupid offers.

@joethenuts wrote:

Well would you like to know how many ebayers read these posters that message me direct and say while things are slow on ebay we can still have a good laugh when you post on the boards keep up the good work  mmmmm

Ahh!  But are they laughing with you or at you Joe?   There is a difference.

Message 50 of 66
Latest reply