TOP SELLER RATING

I AM FRUSTRATED WITH THE NEW RATING REQUIREMENTS.  WE HAVE BEEN TOLD ALL ALONG TO STRIVE FOR TOP SELLER STATUS WHICH I HAVE DONE AND ACHIEVED FOR THE LAST 12 MONTHS.  NOW I FIND THAT THE NEW REQUIREMENTS ARE TO RESTRICTIVE TO CONSIDER COMPLYING WITH ON LOW DOLLAR ITEMS, SO I GET NO BENEFIT FROM TOP SELLER STATUS. I CAN ACCEPT NOT GETTING ANY LISTING POSITIONING BENEFIT BUT I THINK AS A TOP SELLER WE OUGHT TO GET SOME RECOGNITION AND THE TOP SELLER SYMBOL SHOULD BE DISPLAYED AS BEFORE, OR AT LEAST COME UP WITH SOME FORM OF RECOGNITION THAT THE BUYER SEES ON THE ITEM PAGE.     % OF POSITIVE FEEDBACK IS NOT AS USEFUL AS A TOP SELLER SYMBOL.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: TOP SELLER RATING

The whole system is flawed and the only one who loses is eBay.

Since losing my top rated seller status, my sales dropped in half... Means eBay makes less in fees.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I agree with you..I really hate it, too!

When the Top seller logo was gone, it looks so empty eventhough I know I'm doing my very best. Its like all the hard work is gone..

I can't really use much of the Premium service so, I'm going to missed out on the benefit as well.. I just hope that eBay can come up with a better one than the Premium for seller that sells pre-loved items.. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

The new Top Seller requirements are totally unsuited to small sellers who sell fragile items of varying weights and sizes.Buyers who want an item quickly can request Express Post. Australia post and Ebay appear to have 'done a deal' whereby both get extra money, either through more expensive listings, Paypal or increased shipping costs. All designed for the big seller, forget the sellers who put Ebay on the map originally!

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

A 'Symbol' of some sort to separate the privateer sellers or not top rated, to the "Stores" that are top rated would be great, especially after hitting Top Rated only months ago, Thanks again eBay!! Grr

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

ekoeco
Community Member

I didnt believe they would do it as I was told by a previous eBay rep there would be two levels - one for Top Seller and another for items that comply with service requirements.  I phoned them this morning to see if it was a software bug.  All our work to give top customer service - including refunding when the buyer is in the wrong - just to ensure we dont receive anonymous bad ratings (which we then try to guess what item a buyer may have found misleading in order to correct it - that in itself is a problem because they leave great positive feedback but a low rating).  Then to find this morning that unless we are prepared to offer Free Postage (plus the other service requirements) none of our listings differentiate themselves from sellers who offer poor service.  Some items are low priced but high postage so the extra fee to eBay makes a difference, Some items are just not suitable to offer 30 day returns. But - lucky you - if a customer goes into your store they will see you are a Top Seller still.  I give up.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply