The 75% of FVF how do I get it to work?

cddlb
Community Member

Morning all,

I've been given this offer.  I was actually in eBay when it first came up on Sunday.  Already had two items ready for listing and another 6 that need finalizing.  Listed all 8 with the price  reflecting the lower fees to find that when I checked they had all gone inot my Free 40 for the Month!

Now have more to list  - how do I ensure they go agains the 75% off FVF offer?

Have had no problems with the other offers.  

I am listing my items using Advanced listing.

Thanks for you help.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Difficult when using Auction Format. All my listing are Buy it Now with immediate payment so can theoretically be sold within 5 mins of it becoming active ( I wish LOL).

So yes, if your Auction Listing time is outside of the promotion finish date then you will not get the 75% off FVF - having a bid does not mean it's sold as a bid can be retracted by the buyer or cancelled by the seller.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

@lotsamagsnbags wrote:

exactly what I said above lyndal.

What you said above was this, which is incorrect.

theres another thread going re the latest seller promos.

someone pointed out The T&Cs specifically state that listing fees WILL apply. The promo is for FVF only. so it won't come off your 40.

As tennis said, the next ten you list will only get charged at 75% selling fees so long as they're listed within the promo period and sell within their first cycle.  Whether you pay listing fees or not depends on whether you have any of the 40 left when you list the next 10.  If you've already used your 40, you can list another 10 and be charged listing fees but reduced selling fees if they sell.  If you haven't used all your 40 yet they'll come off your 40 when you list them.

View solution in original post

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Check that your items meet the conditions of the offer.

There have been quite a few of these promotions lately and they often have strings attached like >$X etc.

If your items are suitable, and you did accept the offer correctly, you'll have to conact eBay CS to discuss.

My preference these days is live chat as the CS reps seem a bit better than usual and you get a transcript later for reference.

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

Thanks dazzledayz.

How do you get to ebay CS? - Is that live chat you are talking about?

I just went in a checked the conditions on the offer and nothing there shows I have any restrictions, as far as I can see.  

What I think I will do, first, is make one listing and see if it goes into the offer.

I'll come back and let you know how it goes.  

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

In the past I found this type of offer comes off your 40 free and the number only goes up on the 75% off FVF offer when items are sold. So if you sell none it won't show as any used.

but be careful of conditions as other said>>>>no variations, only 1 quanity ect.

***now of course ebay glitches may make anything anybody thinks is how it is on ebay not true in any case,

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

It did NOT work - again went into 40 per month NOT the 75% 0ffer.

When I click on the circle with the offer it does not react - is it supposted to?  I cannot remember how I did it last time but think it automatically went against the then offer.  The "List anothe item" selection is at the bottom of the page so thought it would do the offer first. 

My next effort will be to try on standard listing and not advanced - will keep you all posted.

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

If the offer was 75% of FVF, so not including listing fees, having it come off the 40 free doesn't seem unusual, unless you wanted to pay the $3.30 insertion fee.

FVF is only charged when an item sells, so it makes sense that it won't show up in the promotion unless a qualifying item sells.
Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

I rang eBay call centre.  Had a very nice lady answer the phone who had a fairly heavy accent but I think the outcome is that I will get a fee credit on the 8 items I thought I was listing under the 75% off fee option - I think when they sell. 

Not sure where that leaves the promotion as I did not hear if I have 10 left or only 2, or even how to get into it.

I also got the impression that it could be a glitch.

Thank you all for your comments - they were helpful.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

theres another thread going re the latest seller promos.

someone pointed out The T&Cs specifically state that listing fees WILL apply. The promo is for FVF only. so it won't come off your 40

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

lotsamagsnbags

That has been the problem - it has been coming of my 40 items - there has been no listing fees applied.  I'll chack out other questions re the same thing - thanks.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

Your listings will come off your free listings and will only count for the 75% FVF if the items you have listed in the time frame of the offer are sold.

I have sold 2 items that were listed within the time frame and 75% offer now shows that 2 have been used and I have 8 left. The offer ceases on the 25.05.18  for me so if they don't sell before then I won't be eligible for the 75%.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply