The Latest eBay Free Listings and Seller Promotions Thread.

Thought it would be good just to have a single thread devoted to seller promos and free listings.

Message 1 of 505
Latest reply
504 REPLIES 504

Nearly all of these types of promos explicitly exclude stores.

There were a few store promos before Christmas, so maybe storm was referring to those.

Message 211 of 505
Latest reply

Generally I think, they are a good reason for sellers like us who are neither here nor there, to NOT go the way of a store. We’ll be giving them a good touch up soon to see how it all goes.

Trouble is, what eBay giveth, eBay can take away. But, we’ll stamp our feet in the mud puddles while it’s raining 😂.

Melina.

Message 212 of 505
Latest reply

With the unlimited listings every weekend, I was considering closing my store. But as you said "What eBay giveth..."

Message 213 of 505
Latest reply

Yes Dave, I’m sure there’d be a cut off point somewhere, just like with the free re-lists. We’ll hook in and see if we can find it. If we do, then we might go to a store. You don’t know whether eBay is pushing you that way, or not?

We’re about to test a few BIN’s and see what results we have there. Gawd it’s competitive though on new stuff. I look at some sellers, see what they’re selling each month, do the math because I know exactly what the costs are, and then wonder why they’re selling. This is new stuff alone I’m talking. All that work and effort for what amounts to an almost negative return when you factor in ‘true costs ‘ and ‘true fees’.

Honestly, how many hours are you prepared to put in for a $10 - $20 return? And, it’s not as if they are big volume sellers either. Mind boggling!

Perhaps drop the store Dave, and dance in the puddles until it stops raining 🙂

Melina.

Message 214 of 505
Latest reply

https://pages.ebay.com.au/selling/post-christmas/

This is the promo for 5 free listings with no selling fees. It ends tomorrow. It doesn't apply to everyone (couldn't use it on my store) but I saw it advertised on my tv site and thought I may as well put it here in case it's of any use.
Message 215 of 505
Latest reply

Yes I got it, thanks brer.

Activated it but only used ione, then lost the other 4 at the same time as the other no fee unlimited Freebies. Was hoping to keep it to use for another 4 that I didn't have ready for the other promotion time, but, never mind. 

Message 216 of 505
Latest reply

I just clicked the link to activate the $1 weekend selling promotion & it says it had expired 😔
Message 217 of 505
Latest reply

Message 218 of 505
Latest reply

A weekend selling promotion only works on the weekend.
Message 219 of 505
Latest reply

Just got this one on my store account.  Runs until 16th.

https://www.rsvp.ebay.com.au/rsvp/signup/7253/

50% off final value fees for the next 50 items you list.  Haven't tried it on my non-store account yet - it can wait till morning.  Haven't read the terms and conditions either but I'd expect it'll be the usual.

Message 220 of 505
Latest reply