The competitor's listing shows contact info, reported but no one cares

suling_49
Community Member

There is an eBay seller that shows their contact details in every single listing. 

It includes phone number and warehouse address in the sub titles and product descriptions.

No tricks, no hiding, just showing you as clear as they can.

As ebay policy clearly states that seller cannot put their contact info in the listing, I have report to this seller longtime ago by click "report this item" button in every listing they have.

I also tried to contact ebay via online chat and over the phone almost 10 times 2 months earlier, but they keep telling me they will fix it.

One month ago ebay said to me they have contacted the seller and give them some time to remove the contact info, however until now nothing changed.

I've never seen any seller able to show the contact details as whatever they want. This is really unfair to other sellers.

Looks like ebay doesn't really care about this issue. Maybe is there any secret way I can put my contact info as well?

So disappointed with ebay customer support, I don't know what to do so I just come here to get some help.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

imastawka
Honored Contributor

If you have a B & M store then it's allowed, I think.

I've seen many addresses in listings, but they've all had B & M stores.

If you have contacted ebay, then you probably got their overseas staff who'll tell you anything to keep you happy.

Maybe someone else has some ideas.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

And sellers with an anchor store ($499 per month) were also allowed contact details in listings.

Not sure if that still applies.

image host
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Private invormation or websites is NOT allowed in ANY seller's listings.  Why do people keep saying it is?

From this page:  https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-policies/links-policy?id=4248  See especially the bit I've put in blue.

Links policy overview

Links that direct customers to a site other than eBay are not allowed, except when linking to:

• Product videos
  • Freight carrier services and quoting platforms
  • Required legal and regulatory information

This policy applies whether the link is clickable or not, and includes any attempts to direct a customer off a page. It extends to all member-created content, such as listings, Stores pages, Stores headers, seller profile pages, newsletters, images, etc.

Links that direct customers to other eBay pages are allowed. This includes links to eBay Messages, other eBay items, Stores pages, Follow Seller or Add to my Favourite Sellers features.

Any permitted links cannot direct customers to pages that encourage people to view, search or purchase items off eBay.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

But....

Coming in late July 2018, you’ll be able to provide your customer service phone number for pre-transaction support as well as post-transaction. This new eBay feature is a pilot and once it’s available, make sure you opt in to provide buyers with a great customer experience.

So, for practical purposes, as of next week it will effectively be a dead issue.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

You don't know that. They haven't told us where or how we can provide a phone number. And until it starts the current policy applies.
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Joz, have you got a link to that policy/announcement please?

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Stawks, I am sure I saw it in the Autumn Sellers Update...but I cannot find that now.Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

It was annouced recently. They are probably just saying having contact details in listings will be alowed soon/maybe/only selected sellers who broke the rules the whole time so sellers will put details in and then they will start deleting listings.

Rule not allowing contact details was never enforced by humans so it was never properly enforced.

But remember ebay is a cutting edge Tecnology Company - oh then that does not make sense.

Maybe they meant to say they were a cost cutting tecnology company and result may vary.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

It came in the July Sellers Newsletter received from Ebay.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply