The weekend free listings are now going to be rotational but how often

After contacting ebay, i was told that the weekend free listings are now rotational. 

but they won't tell me how often they will come around.

They said they couldn't tell me because it is computer generated.

Perhaps they don't know that you actually have to program a computer to get it to do that.

The programmer knows but they just won't tell. Why the big secret. It doesn't make sense.

And before you say there is already a thread about the weekend free listings - i started this one because the other one got taken over

by nasty trolls and has now gone down a different track.

so if anyone knows how often the rotations are could you please post on here.

thanks

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: The weekend free listings are now going to be rotational but how often

Yep, totally agree that free listings are irrational. Why should people running a business and making a profit expect to use ebay for free, while the shareholders forgo any return on their investment. What if someone scraped together their last few dollars and bought ebay shares in the hope they'd be paid a dividend every year? Would it be fair on them to say, "sorry, you have to starve this year because there are some people who really need to have over 2,000 items listed all the time and never pay anything".

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How can you say some people never pay anything. 10.9% fees on items AND postage is plenty.

Sellers continue to pay all the time, including losing items to buyers getting refunds and still keeping the items.

If you know of a way to sell on ebay totally free please let me know.

ebay is a multi billion dollar company so i don't think you need to worry yourself about their shareholders, I just hope they treat them with a bit more respect than they treat us sellers.

And being a multi billion dollar company it is about time they made all listings free, and stop with the mis-information and lies.

Message 11 of 48
Latest reply

Have you ever actually looked at eBay's metrics? Their ROC or even ROV is pretty ordinary for a tech company.

The Mega weekend promos capped FVFs at $1.10, so anything sold worth more than $10 with postage cost less than 10.9%. They also had a few FVF free promos recently.

Message 12 of 48
Latest reply

I've had choicessecret.gif

The 40 free of listing fees per month,the 1.10 FVF or the $3.30 FVF's (now why would I select the $3.30 offer when I still have 3 to go on the $1.10 offer).tease.gif

Just finding it a bit difficult to find something else that might sell for over $50.blush-1.gif

Promotions..JPG

Message 13 of 48
Latest reply

I didn't get the $1.10 promo.

I have about 2 books worth more than $50 ex-postage and none of them are worth, at the moment, burning one of my 40.

My offer is a combination of yours - no free listings and an end date of 19/6.

Message 14 of 48
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

Yep, totally agree that free listings are irrational. Why should people running a business and making a profit expect to use ebay for free, while the shareholders forgo any return on their investment. What if someone scraped together their last few dollars and bought ebay shares in the hope they'd be paid a dividend every year? Would it be fair on them to say, "sorry, you have to starve this year because there are some people who really need to have over 2,000 items listed all the time and never pay anything".

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How can you say some people never pay anything. 10.9% fees on items AND postage is plenty.

Sellers continue to pay all the time, including losing items to buyers getting refunds and still keeping the items.

If you know of a way to sell on ebay totally free please let me know.

ebay is a multi billion dollar company so i don't think you need to worry yourself about their shareholders, I just hope they treat them with a bit more respect than they treat us sellers.

And being a multi billion dollar company it is about time they made all listings free, and stop with the mis-information and lies.

If eBay made everything free, they'd go belly up within 2 months and then where would you be? You'd all be wanting to neck yourself and have medical teams and ambulances on standby. The weekend promo is GONE. You need to get over it. EBay does look after their sellers, that's why they have been offering discounted or free listings for the last year. Otherwise, it would be too bad so sad. Funny how they were the greatest thing while they were throwing free or cheap listings at you, but when they take it away, they are the scum of the earth.

Here's an idea, if you don't like paying the low cost fees (compared to advertising in the paper, or selling in an auction house), stop selling on here. You might think eBay is a multi billion dollar company, but by the time they pay everything they need to pay, they are barely breaking even. 

I still find it amusing that you wish to sell things for a profit, but you begrudge eBay making a profit. Why should you be allowed to make a profit, but the platform you choose to sell on isn't allowed? Double standards or what?

Message 15 of 48
Latest reply

Ebay makes billions in revenue every year, even though they could be making heaps more by making one simple change. all free listings.

I always refer to Rov as a remotely operated vehicle and Roc is a mythical legendary large bird of prey.

They are both much more interesting that ebay stats.

Message 16 of 48
Latest reply

I was hoping this thread was going to be troll free.

Message 17 of 48
Latest reply

I've not seen any trolling in this thread. Anyone is entitled to comment on any thread they wish. That's how forums work. If you find anyone's post offensive, report it to the moderators. There is nothing in any post here that warrants removal, but you could still try.

The truth hurts it seems.

Spoiler
Do you even know what a troll is?
Message 18 of 48
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

Ebay makes billions in revenue every year, even though they could be making heaps more by making one simple change. all free listings.

I always refer to Rov as a remotely operated vehicle and Roc is a mythical legendary large bird of prey.

They are both much more interesting that ebay stats.

Don't keep saying how many billions they make in revenue every year if you can't even be bothered to check any of your facts.  The fact is you think that any huge company owes you something.  If you don't sell enough to justify paying for a store I really doubt that you're qualified to know how ebay could increase their revenue.

They may make billions but they give away millions in vouchers and in listings with reduced fees, and for 18 months they gave unlimited listings once a month with no fees at all.  Ebay owes you absolutely nothing.  YOU owe ebay thanks for providing somewhere to sell your goods and for all the fees you've saved, but never once have I seen you express any appreciation for anything they've done for you.

You think some sellers should get unlimited listings and pay minimal fees but other sellers should pay, thus subsidising you.  You don't know any other seller's situation yet you think if someone pays for a store they must be better off than you, and that you're more deserving than everyone else.  I can assure you that some sellers would sell nothing if they didn't have a store, but that doesn't mean they're on the same income as you, or higher. 

Just be thankful for what you get.  It's much healthier than only thinking of what you don't have.  Any self-help book will tell you that.  

Message 19 of 48
Latest reply

Some of us didn't pay any FVFs for well over a year because we used the monthly promos that were totally fee free.
Message 20 of 48
Latest reply