Throttling sucks

I normally sell 15-20 items a week (Under a different account name) but the last 2 weeks has been woeful. Last week I actually sold more items over on the other site (QS) than I did on Ebay. Thats a first.

Can someone please tell me why ebay uses throttling - I just cant get my head around the logic of costing themselves the fees from sales that 'could have been' 

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Throttling sucks

melina, a lot of buyers when faced with that will search by "price + postage highest first" and that knocks out the cheap Chinese listings.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 31 of 34
Latest reply

And knocks out everything else as well because the ripoff merchants are just as numerous as the Chinese on some items.
Message 32 of 34
Latest reply

Category spamming is a real problem on eBay and it's been like this for years.

They really need to try and clean it up as it's a turn off for buyers trying to find an actual pipe in among all the pouches and cleaners.

If you filter for highest $ first you'll miss any auctions starting low.

It's a nightmare in some categories and I know I for one am sick to death of it.

Message 33 of 34
Latest reply

Thanks, I understand. I've learnt a lot more.

interestingly too, we've had a pretty good run of late, which we're appreciative of, but I'm noticing, very clearly just now, that page views are way down and obviously  so are sales.

It could be just the market and I hope that's the case. It probably is, because getting a 'price' is quite difficult. Things are worth what they're worth, but getting it at the moment is not easy.

Anyway, thanks all - I've settled in a lot better now having some idea of how all the changes apply and how best to,protect ourselves. Well just make the most of it. You guys have been fantastic! Actually, I must say that so have eBay. I've had to contact them a couple of times and I've received very friendly and affective assistance. I guess you can only speak as you find and those poor people on the phones and the other end of a keyboard aren't responsible for some of the 'bad' that eBay is responsible for.

thanks guys, very much.

Melina.

Message 34 of 34
Latest reply