Tip on postage

A small tip but I find it works well.

I would get DSR's marked down on postage cost because buyers don't realize there are other costs.

I now write underneath the stamped cost on the item the following, as I did today.

Registered - $3.00

Packing -       $4.00  (tube $3 + $1 bubblewrap)

Postage was 7.45 plus 7.00 = 14.45   (I had 15.00 in the listing)  Perfect.

Since doing this my postage cost DSR's have improved. 

Smiley Wink  Merry Christmas.

image host
Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tip on postage

No label. Purchased mailing tube at PO.

Postage 7.45 plus 7.00 packaging = 14.45. 

Perfectly close enough at 15.00 paid.

My ebay fees are factored into the sale price.

And writing those extras under stamps on the package, the buyer sees it is more than just the stamped costs involved.

We get many coming here on the boards complaining they were overcharged on postage until they realize the postage price on the package is not the only costs. (packing and handling)

It's works well, I haven't had a mark down for some time and all my DSR's are back up to 5.0.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Tip on postage

saarzi
Community Member

Im surpised buyers bother to read that, since they dont read anything else. And suprised they remember it when its usually a week or more after reading the listing that they leave feedback.  If its worked, its worked though!

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Tip on postage

Not sure you read my post correctly saarzi, I write it on the parcel under the stamps or the printed out stamped sticker Aust Post put on the package. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Tip on postage

oohhhhh... thats a good idea!  lol

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Tip on postage

Why is this perfect your postage cost plus fee $14.45+1.45 = $15.90

Add to your label 90c because I wanta good DSR and i paid for it

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Tip on postage

No label. Purchased mailing tube at PO.

Postage 7.45 plus 7.00 packaging = 14.45. 

Perfectly close enough at 15.00 paid.

My ebay fees are factored into the sale price.

And writing those extras under stamps on the package, the buyer sees it is more than just the stamped costs involved.

We get many coming here on the boards complaining they were overcharged on postage until they realize the postage price on the package is not the only costs. (packing and handling)

It's works well, I haven't had a mark down for some time and all my DSR's are back up to 5.0.

image host
Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Tip on postage

For me personally, it would work just as well if you had that in the listing. Might even work better as I might not look closely at the parcel.

But.. I reckon whatever works for you, go for it.

I am noticing a lot of sellers are starting to have 'free' postage. I realise it isn't free, it has to be factored into the price, but I guess it sorts out their problem of buyers marking things down.

Someone here said a lot of buyers don't read the listings carefully. I always do. I saw a listing  last night (by a shop/company, not small home seller) with a listing about a mile long. One of the terms was they would not post till the buyer messaged through their phone number and delivery instructions and the longer the buyer took, the longer it would be before the item was posted.

This was for a folding umbrella, mind you, not a bulky item.

It did run through my mind-oh boy, that seller is living dangerously, how many will read every word, as I have.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Tip on postage

Yes springy, if it's too long, many buyers won't read it.

I am guessing that listing you saw, the seller uses a courier and needs a phone number. Some couriers won't pick up unless there is a phone number for delivery contact.

You have reminded me to also put that it's postage and handling costs in my new terms. Thanks.

But I have found the buyers that have complained about postage being more than paid are usually the parcels that have the printed cost rather than stamps

.images.jpg

image host
Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Tip on postage

$3 for a tube!  I make my own sturdy triangular ones from cardboard boxes I get from shops.  I can make up to 25 once or twice a week now, helps burn off the calories while watching TV at night.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Tip on postage

I don't buy posters, but if I did I would prefer them to arrive rolled rather than triangulated.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply