Tracking Payment Holds "Now As a Top Rated seller I'm SUB STANDARD for eBay" New Policy

The statement on eBay News says 

Which sellers will be included in payment holds?

• Below Standard sellers; or
  • Sellers who have been rated Very High in Item Not Received (INR) requests 

This isn't the case as a top rated seller I have just been informed by eBay that I am now considered a sub standard seller who be be subject to tracking payment holds.

Thanks for the vote of confidence eBay This will be my last year as a eBay seller

eBay Has lost the desire to service there dedicated sellers.

Unfortunate you Have lost me.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Tracking Payment Holds "Now As a Top Rated seller I'm SUB STANDARD for eBay" New Policy

How tracking payment holds work
Tracking payment holds are applied at a transaction level. Here's how they work:

First, we'll look at which postage service you’ve selected for the item

If you’ve selected a tracked service, we’ll look for a valid tracking number to be uploaded once the item is sent within your stated handling time.

If you upload a valid tracking number, your order’s funds will only be held until there is a tracking scan from the carrier showing us the item is on the way to the buyer

If you choose not to upload tracking, the funds for that order will be held until 3 days after the latest Estimated Delivery Date has passed.

Don't forget, payment holds won't apply to orders where the selected delivery option is:
Local pickup
Click & Collect from the retailer
Australia Post Domestic Regular Letter Untracked service.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Based on your comments I am assuming you have a high INR rate.

In which case it is great that Ebay is following their policy, and trying make it more difficult for sellers who don't deliver the goods.  It will help the good sellers who do deliver.

You say this is the last year,  why wait,  end your listing and move on.   If you don't like the rules, don't play in this sand pit.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Our problem with this rule is that we sell the same product on both our website and our eBay store. All ebay store orders come in via the website (for stock management reasons).

We upload all tracking to the website including any for eBay; our website auto-emails tracking details etc - eBay blocks our emails to the eBay customer (ever since they started masking the customer's own email address).

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

No I dont Have a high INR all my goods are delivered I dont have any INR

The sand Pit is just getting Dirty and sellers are just getting dumped on by eBay

I admit I like the Tracking envelopes But I just have to adapt

If you dont like my comments dont comment

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Ebay have been pushing for tracked postage for some time. It doesn't have to be 100% of your items, but has to be a high enough percentage (I think 90%, can't remember exactly). I used to send a lot of items in plain large envelopes untracked and also never had an INR.

However, I do see the value in having more tracked items and switched over to the green domestic tracked letter last year, which has been better for peace of mind for both myself and the buyer (which was their intention in the first place). Obviously I charge more for the tracked option, but the domestic tracked letter is cheaper than a tracked parcel, and buyers haven't seemed to mind.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

But what when you offer tracing or non tracking and buyers accept the non because of the extra cost

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

@desolate-sellable wrote:

If you dont like my comments dont comment

If you only want opinions that agree with yours, then don't post on an open forum.  You must live a sheltered life.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

This applies to every single seller on the site, and this is how it works in a nutshell and in theory (I'll get to that in a minute):

• List / sell an item with Aus Post domestic letter untracked - no payment hold (So, too, other methods that don't have tracking, such as pick up, or collect in store)
  • List / sell an item with a tracked service, upload valid tracking, payment held until the first scan on the package
  • List / sell an item with a tracked service, don't upload tracking, payment held until 3 days after the ETA.

This is being required for 95% of orders, so if 5% of your orders had a tracked service selected but no valid tracking uploaded, no holds should apply - they will if only 94% of the orders with a tracked service have valid tracking.

The "in theory" bit is because I believe there is an API issue with automatic uploading of tracking numbers to eBay. It may be something else, but there are a lot of sellers who upload tracking for 100% of their orders but ebay claims some other percentage, sometimes as low as 50%

I also upload tracking for 100% of my orders, and surprisingly ebay recognises it and that stat was included in the email sent out yesterday. The only thing I can think of for this discrepancy, is that every single number I upload is done manually, for every single item in an order, it's extremely tedious mind you, some of my orders have 40 single line item in them. I suspect that sometimes tracking - when fed back to eBay to be auto-uploaded - maybe it doesn't get recognised for multi-item orders, or it sometimes it's not recognised at all for some kind of technical reason. It's speculation on my part, but when I've had less than 100% in those emails they've sent out, they have always taken me to orders where I incorrectly entered the number, but other sellers are taken to their awaiting to ship page, so the system knows there's tracking, but doesn't recognise it as valid somewhere along the line. 

That's on eBay, of course - if they are going to bring in a system like this, they need to fix it. 

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Thanks Cheers 

It is all about keeping up with the market place at the end of the day.

There is no place for cheap items on eBay now IMO.

My initial issue was with my Postage policy's I had all listing checked as tracked.

This reduced me down to 72%.

I have just ended some 90 listings sad the consumer is the one that will both gain and lose in this case.

Keep on keeping on Cheers

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply