Two simple reasons for the cash grab on postage.

go-tazz
Community Member

1: Other sites have had it for years so it was inevitable that they where going to do it on this site,(it doesn't

matter what reason they give/not give as it will be put in place).

2: When a buyer wants/gets a refund with the new system they will get the full cost back,(stops problems where

the seller will only return the purchase price).

So as normal this site only cares about their cashflow and their excuse that it's to stop postage pirates doesn't

stack up).

Losing an extra 9.9% on the postage cost will stop a number of sellers listing,which wont worry this site as

they'll just recruite a few more overseas sellers,(well you can never have to much cheap junk on here),shok.gif

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Two simple reasons for the cash grab on postage.

Nobody but eBay likes these changes but where are the competition? I wish i had the capital/knowhow etc to have set up a rival auction site to capitalise on the lashback on this & I would be very rich indeed.Where is the competition? Quicksales don't look so quick & has a clumsy looking platform, Gumtree as far as i see doesn't do auction & is now owned by eBay(great anticipation of buying out a potential rival) Ebay has a vast supply of supply of lawyers to have anticipated any legal concerns,so don't for a minute think that you can catch them on a loophole,they had it covered before you even heard of it.No it's not fair,right or ethical but WHERE IS THE COMPETITION?Until someone creates that,it is survive or die...I get business cards with every new purchase since the changes.i understand& appreciate the significance of the seller branching out & will buy from good sellers outside ebay.

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply