Two things: eBay contact phone number and new update to their Item sold email

Hi guys,

First I think we sellers and buyers should force eBay to publish their contact phone number for a customer support somewhere where people can clearly see it not to hide it under topics. It is just wrong what they are doing when someone has a specific problem and has to go through irrelevant topics on their help page just to realise they cannot find the phone number  under any topic. Not to mention that selecting a wrong topic just to get the number is wrong too.

Does anybody know what authority in Australia we need to call to complain and hope they will kick eBay and force them to do it?

If many of us call this  authority with the same we can get it done quicker. At the end of the day eBay service is not free so it should be a game for us to find their phone number.

And the second thing, it is defenetally something new or done recently but now you cannot update a buyers invoice if they choose Bank deposit at eBay checkout as a payment method. When it is chosen  eBay removes a "send invoice" link from their emails in this case, and they also remove a "Send Invoice" option from a Seller Manager.

So if it happens to you and your buyer asks to update invoice you cannot do it now at all.

I let eBay know about their stupidity with this yesterday but I do not think anything is going to be changed to the way it was before.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

No doubt eBay's contact page meets the requirements of providing contacts for service in Australia.

So even if consumer affairs would listen, pretty sure nothing they could do.

eBay - 1800 322 928

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

No doubt eBay's contact page meets the requirements of providing contacts for service in Australia.

So even if consumer affairs would listen, pretty sure nothing they could do.

eBay - 1800 322 928

How does it meet them? I had to google to find their number because my issue was not listed in their topics and I was getting nowhere trying to find the number I could call and solve the problem. I am not paying google to show me eBay phone number, that's eBay responsibility. BTW, I have found the number through Google on third party website not even on eBay website.

Sure I can write it down somewhere but it is not about having the number, it is about every single seller/buyer should not spent minutes looking through their pointless topics just to find it. Once again eBay does not provide free service, we all pay quite a significant commission to sell on eBay, some sellers  are paying for stores

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

What I said was that no doubt eBay meet the requirements in Australia by having the contact page they have.

Hence don't waste your time in complaining on that issue.

In fact I think it says somewhere if you don't find your topic to select another.

Just like those auto phone selections.

It's not crucial to select the correct topic to get their number and it just makes it a little faster to verify your account if you are already logged in and get the one time pass code. (Even if topic is somewhat different)

Keep this link on a sticky note on your desktop like I do - http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1485

image host
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply