Two very weird purchases

gec2002
Community Member

I have been selling on eBay for 20 years and never come across this one before.

Friday, a zero feedback just registered (on Friday) buyer makes a purchase.  No problem I have plenty of those, we all were zero at some point of time.

Now the weird bit

5 Minutes later another a zero feedback just registered (on Friday) buyer makes a purchase, similar item but different.  Thing is it's the same buyer, same address with another ID, very similar to the first but the last 3 numbers different??  (eg xxxxx-123 vs xxxxx-456).

Do they think you need a new ID every purchase?

Friday glitch?

I would normally put both in the same tracked parcel, but can't now because they are different IDs.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Two very weird purchases

Have you checked the first buyer's ID again just in case they changed their ID/name soon after registering and it is indeed the same account? Or is the name still different?

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Two very weird purchases

Yes checked.  2 IDs same person,  purchases 5 minutes apart, both paid for, both order numbers show respective IDs.  Thinking being on Friday after 1st purchase, tried again and couldn't due to Friday glitch, so started new ID.?

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Two very weird purchases

Well, maybe you can send the buyer a message and ask for clarification, explaining you would normally combine postage but cannot with two different IDs.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Two very weird purchases

I wonder if it has anything to do with new buyers' buying limits? Maybe this person, having just registered,  could not buy another item soon after the first item, so they created a new account. I have heard there are limits for new buyers, but I don't know exactly how they work.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Two very weird purchases

Yes sent a message yesterday, but no reply yet.  Being a newbie may take awhile for an answer.  Buying limits possible, but a bit harsh if only allowing 1 low cost item (<$20).

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Two very weird purchases

Maybe the buyer, being new, didn't know how to correctly buy more than one item from the same seller, which would be adding the items to the cart and requesting a total. Maybe he first paid for the first item and payment had not even gone through yet because it now takes a few minutes with PayPal (and even longer if he used a cc), and when he tried to buy another item eBay blocked him.

Yes, wait a couple of days for a  reply, as the buyer is obviously the only one who can provide an answer.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Two very weird purchases

I would normally put both in the same tracked parcel, but can't now because they are different IDs

So? Send a message to the one you don't add tracking to.

I do it often, when buyers purchase from different seller accounts.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Two very weird purchases

So? No

Are you suggesting I don't record tracking for a sale.  I hope not, very bad advice which would result in a negative in the valid Tracking performance.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Two very weird purchases

Could they have bought as a guest? Usually when someone does that, the ID is a random string of numbers and letters.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply