UPC MPN Numbers

Anyone else going to be absolutely destroyed by this required change? Of the branded items I sell I am having absolutely no luck finding the MPN numbers?

Not sure what I am going to do.

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

UPC MPN Numbers

lol - also remained stunned and frustrated at the limited time to correct typos of a previous post you have made Cat MadCat SurprisedCat FrustratedCat LOL

please other readers forgive me for high level of typos & expression of issues in my previous post  Cat Embarassed

Message 21 of 39
Latest reply

UPC MPN Numbers

Yes DESTROYED here too!

Message 22 of 39
Latest reply

UPC MPN Numbers

This is just another tactic of ebay to weed out the sellers they do not want, mostly smaller sellers .........................

Message 23 of 39
Latest reply

UPC MPN Numbers

Yes - you are correct.

The intention is for the them to know who is competing againt the majors - and remove those sellers. Once they have the data ebay will introduce a new policy not allowing new items that compete with major store chains.

Message 24 of 39
Latest reply

UPC MPN Numbers

Spot on, then when the larger department stores monopolise ebay and we are all gone they will leave ebay in droves as they will not need them then as they have there own websites. They will have achieved the goal in getting rid of us who dared to take a small piece of there profits and ebay will be no more. Like shooting yourself in the foot with a shotgun on ebays part in my opinion......... 

Message 25 of 39
Latest reply

UPC MPN Numbers

the whole thing is stupid. It has required me to put these numbers on an apron, neoprene stubbie holder and a bag all that have no MPN nor should they, so I just went in and put not applicable or does not apply hit the save button and it finished with so what's to stop others doing the same for all their items.
Message 26 of 39
Latest reply

UPC MPN Numbers

Because in time Ebay will remove that DO NOT APPLY button in my opinion...................

Message 27 of 39
Latest reply

UPC MPN Numbers

Some of my items have the option to choose Does Not Apply but others don't have the option and appear to require the addition of a UPC although at this time it is not being enforced.

While many brand name appliance parts do come with bar codes, many do not so not sure what will happen if it is enforced for items supplied by wholesalers without UPC barcodes.

Message 28 of 39
Latest reply

UPC MPN Numbers

@lurehouse wrote:

Because in time Ebay will remove that DO NOT APPLY button in my opinion...................

how can they remove it. There are millions of products that don't have, come with part numbers, barcodes or even labels. they would be cutting their own throats if they did.

Message 29 of 39
Latest reply

UPC MPN Numbers

Ebay eventually only want big name barand stores and you can see it happening now, they will make exeptions for chinese sellers of course as well. This will be another way to weed out sellers they do not want, I have been selling on ebay for 12 years and seen every little trick they have done. I dont know how far down the ttrack this will happen but eventually there will be an email update from them that reads ALL LISTINGS NOW MUST HAVE A UPC NUMBER. This weeds out hobby sellers that make there own products plus others that have sinple generic products. They are sucking up to the big name brands, just have a look at there search page do you see any small to medium sellers advertised there.This is just my opinion but if you are a small to medium seller you are not wanted here....................................

Message 30 of 39
Latest reply