UPC MPN Numbers

Anyone else going to be absolutely destroyed by this required change? Of the branded items I sell I am having absolutely no luck finding the MPN numbers?

Not sure what I am going to do.

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

UPC MPN Numbers

I list a lot of stuff I make myself - eg, needlework kits I make myself,  hand knitted beanies, bootees etc. I can't list the baby clothes any more without a UPC number (I tried some today) Obviously Ebay don't want 'at home' sellers on their site. I can see people leaving Ebay in droves...

Message 31 of 39
Latest reply

UPC MPN Numbers

That's not true it's not all listings, it's only select categories
Message 32 of 39
Latest reply

UPC MPN Numbers

If it's unbranded you can ignore it

From here -

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/news/product-identifiers

Itโ€™s especially important to include product identifiers for branded items in new condition in the following categories:

• Baby
    • Books
    • Business & Industrial (Test, Lab, and Office Equipment)
    • Cameras & Photo
    • Cell Phones & Accessories
    • Clothing, Shoes & Accessories (Shoes only)
    • Computers/Tablets & Networking
    • Consumer Electronics
    • DVDs & Movies
    • eBay Motors
    • Health & Beauty
    • Home & Garden (Tools and Appliances only)
    • Music
    • Musical Instruments & Gear
    • Pet Supplies
    • Sporting Goods
    • Toys & Hobbies
    • Video Games & Consoles
Message 33 of 39
Latest reply

UPC MPN Numbers

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

how can they remove it. There are millions of products that don't have, come with part numbers, barcodes or even labels. they would be cutting their own throats if they did.

They have started doing it already by removing some of my listings today. All of them are in Home and Garden but not within Tools & appliances. And yet they have removed them for that very reason "missing UPS and MPN". I have had to put "Does not apply" for all of my listings to get removed back and to stop the same happening for all of my items.

It is not quite wise in terms of business to push all sellers to have these numbers on existing listings or asking them to put "Does not apply" instead. Removing all listings that does not required to have UPS/MPN with missing "Does not apply"  is just stupid.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 34 of 39
Latest reply

UPC MPN Numbers

@ozstockman wrote:

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

how can they remove it. There are millions of products that don't have, come with part numbers, barcodes or even labels. they would be cutting their own throats if they did.

They have started doing it already by removing some of my listings today. All of them are in Home and Garden but not within Tools & appliances. And yet they have removed them for that very reason "missing UPS and MPN". I have had to put "Does not apply" for all of my listings to get removed back and to stop the same happening for all of my items.

It is not quite wise in terms of business to push all sellers to have these numbers on existing listings or asking them to put "Does not apply" instead. Removing all listings that does not required to have UPS/MPN with missing "Does not apply"  is just stupid.

I have been getting some as well. When you relist from the unsold list do they then display under them:

"eBay note: This listing has been cancelled due to a violation of our Duplicate listings policy. See "My Messages" for more details."

When I contacted ebay about it one person says that they are removed because of duplication and the next becuase of missing identifiers. They are definately not duplicates, but ebay seem to call them that when I have relisted. I have also been changing the title of the listing in case the system thinks the old listing is still active or something.  If left without relisting they don't display that message,

Message 35 of 39
Latest reply

UPC MPN Numbers

Aaah, thank you - maybe I'm not going completely nuts after all  Smiley LOL

Had the same messages the other day and for the life of me could not work out why - what a load of crock !

Message 36 of 39
Latest reply

UPC MPN Numbers

I really wish eBay would stop calling barcodes UPC numbers - for the rest of the world outside North America, the barcode is a 13 digit (or 8 digit) EAN/GTIN code anyway. UPCs are converted to EAN barcodes by putting a zero at the front.
Message 37 of 39
Latest reply

UPC MPN Numbers

I have just spent 2 hours on EBay chat. Told you can create your own. Given 2 links that did not work. Best is still to come! Told all listings that do not have MPN will be removed within hours.

debris6451

was disconnected by eBay enquiries 3 times.

Message 38 of 39
Latest reply

UPC MPN Numbers

My items are starting to end now...and cannot relist, made several chat requests to the help line and there seems to be a technical issue, got his message from them ,      "Brendan, I understand your concern and would like to inform you that it seems due to technical issue. We have raised this to our technical team"

In the mean time i will relist my new parts as "remanufactured" with a bold BRAND NEW in the heading.

Message 39 of 39
Latest reply