UPC Numbers - Watch Your Auto Relists

Hi All,

Just had an E-Mail from Ebay advising that several of my Auto Relists had failed because I had supposedly entered incorrect UPC Numbers... When I checked them they were found to be correct...

Phoned Customer Service & was told that they have a "Technical Issue" atm which is rejecting some or all UPC Numbers...

They are working to fix it but in the meantime I was told to pick "Does Not Apply" until the all is sorted out...

Not sure what the big deal is over having to enter these numbers into our Listings now but it's a big enough pain the proverbial without it all going tail up because of their glitches...

Anyway... Just thought I'd put this up for anyone else that be affected.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: UPC Numbers - Watch Your Auto Relists

Thanks, I'm having the same issue

Correct UPCs being rejected.
The only way to relist is to add does not apply!

Painful.

I guess we'll have to go and find them again later to correct.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

x3n0m
Community Member

so ebays latest nonsensicle unwanted labour intensive database feature has stuffed up .. who woulda thought that coulda happened? .. am so happy ebay destroyed my online business back in 2006 when they decided to hide all store items from search and advertise my competitors at other websites right there on my completed item pages as well as in search (masterfull undermining) that small mercy actually spared me 9 years of drawn out and toturous pain .. thankyou ebay ..

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Yep, that was a week ago.... Had an E-Mail from CS last Friday night to advise that they had "Escalated" the problem & were giving it "Priority" - lol... A week later nothing has been fixed... The problem is now that nearly half of my listings have rolled over & I've had to mark them "Does Not Apply" which apparently causes them to drop down the Search Lists so not really sure how my Sales are being affected... I note that almost all O/S Listings of the same Products don't show them either & there doesn't seem to be any requirement for them to list the UPCs.... I'd like to know which Dead Brain thought of this idea... I was told that the numbers were required because Google is now using them as a Search Requirement & a lot of Buyers use them.... I somehow doubt that VERY much as 99% of people wouldn't even know what they are... I just wish Ebay would stop interfering with the way we run our Stores & let US worry about how we list our Items....just go back to being a Platform for Listing & do what we're paying them for...
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

same here

when i sell an item then go to sell same/simular item its allways says wrong upc

so have to go and mark them does not apply

but when i use relist item that seems to work ok

but there is a huge problem with upc numbers at the moment and was also told on tues by a rep they know about the problem

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply