Unable to list stamps from North Korea for sale.

I wondered if anyone can help me. I've been trying to list some stamps I have from North Korea and it won't let me, saying there was an embargo on them. I understand that, but 55 other stamps are listed from North Korea so I'm not sure how they get away with it. It actually stops you from pressing the listing button.

Kind regards,

Debra.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Nearly all are listed by UK & US sellers,an Australian seller does NOT have the word stamp in the titles & I have nfi how the wedding one has 'gotten' through correctly listed with stamp in the title.

You MAY have to go to Live Help & ask them sorry.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Just found this thread on US boards-seems that some embargo came into being on 13th April.

I'm not reading throught it all lol but there are some links to the UK boards re same issue & also an ebay policy link.

Keep in mind this is from the US & UK but must apply to Australia now also if you're being stopped

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Stamp-Collectors/Cant-List-Stamps/5100149793

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Maybe you could try selling stamps from the country situated north of South Korea or some other silly way of describing where they are from.

If the OP is not in North Korea and no one there sent the stamps to the OP in order that they would sell them and the buyer is not in North Korea then should the embargo apply to them?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

If the OP is not in North Korea and no one there sent the stamps to the OP in order that they would sell them and the buyer is not in North Korea then should the embargo apply to them?

yes, bump, America has strict rules on embargos, the new embargo is from the Missile trouble in april. they still have an embargo on Cuba going back to the Bay of Pigs days!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

kate399
Community Member

I think I need new glasses. I thought the OP said they couldn't LICK North Korean stamps. Walks away shaking head

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Thankyou all so very much for your help I really appreciate it.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply