Unable to send messages. Anyone else with this issue?

As stated. I cant send a message to anyone. buyers or sellers. Happens on both FF and Chrome. Doe's not happen with with other accounts. Just my main selling account.

Just curious before I have to ring CS and start pulling my fingernails out with frustration from the answer I am sure to recieve when they have swett FA...

Cheers.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I sent a couple of messages late this morning and it was ok then, using Chrome

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

I'll add to this. I can respond to a message, but cannot create a new message. I just get the Page not responding page come up.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Still having this issue, so I contacted eBay via online chat. Long story short my account is suspended due to an unauthorised off eBay transaction. I asked when, what and who and they could not tell me and said also something about unauthorised contact via messaging. So running a business with eBay I not allowed to have any contact with a customer other than via there messaging service.
Go get farked eBay! You cannot provide proof, only accuse. Useless POS! Time for a drink now!

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

I got a warning because I removed a listing that accidentally got broken. Someone had asked a question about it. When I got it out to have a look to answer their question I dropped and broke it. As far as eBay were concerned, I sold it off eBay. No, the broken bits went in the bin! What I should have done was change the listing to something else rather than end the listing.

If eBay is going to suspend accounts because a buyer sends a message, then they really need to remove the messaging option full stop. Otherwise, stay the hell away from my stuff!

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

eBay needs to take some xanax and calm the feck down!
Honestly, this sort of behaviour would see any other business under investigation!

In my line of work, this type of behaviour, suspicions, unfounded accusations, are deemed a mental health issue. .... eBay are certainly displaying some behaviours of concern!

Its actually getting to the point of sheer ridiculousness and ...... well.....PATHETIC!

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

I know right! People get shoved into Bloomers for less paranoia than that. I've encountered some paranoid people during my life, but none as bad as eBay. Maybe we could all chip in and buy them a years supply of foil.......on eBay of course. Just don't message them.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I got a warning because I removed a listing that accidentally got broken. Someone had asked a question about it. When I got it out to have a look to answer their question I dropped and broke it. As far as eBay were concerned, I sold it off eBay. No, the broken bits went in the bin! What I should have done was change the listing to something else rather than end the listing.

If eBay is going to suspend accounts because a buyer sends a message, then they really need to remove the messaging option full stop. Otherwise, stay the hell away from my stuff!

No, what you should have done was replace the original pictures with pictures of the broken item.  Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

I hope they never do away with messages because I get quite a few from my buyers, like one last night, "I want to buy your item but I can't pay for a few days and it's due to end soon.  Will you be relisting it, etc, etc."  What did get through was "do you have a store where I can contact you" or words to that effect - because they were worried about missing out on buying it. 

I often have people asking do I have more of a particular item.  Recently I withdrew one item so nobody else could buy it before I checked how much more I had.  I must have been lucky because she gave me her mobile number and asked me to text her when I'd done the new listing.  I was surprised the phone number got through.

Personally, I've found private sales can be a real pain and have deliberately avoided them in the past, but I really can't understand why ebay would prefer to close down a good seller for one possible sale off ebay when they may be putting a few thousand dollars into ebay's coffers every year on their other items.  That's called killing the goose that laid the golden egg, or shooting yourself in the foot both feet.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

eBay's **bleep** I tried cancel bid so thought I do the right thing message the contact person and says can't Send message so I can't cancel and be force to buy it
Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

You've replied to a topic that's approximately 3-1/3 years old - that's a cardinal sin in these parts, you'll need to seek forgiveness from the powers that be.
Regarding you messaging troubles, if you're using a computer, try switching browsers, try logging out and in, try clearing browser history and cache, or try contacting eBay's customer service people via online chat, and explain your problem to them.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply