21 REPLIES 21

AI coming to 'help' sellers

Good grief - description on eBay is everything.

And, he said, sellers would soon be able to pre-populate categories and item specifics from a single photo, "enabling them to spend less of their time inputting inventory and more on growing and managing their businesses."

Yep that makes sense. lol

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

A lot of sellers already use stock photos that look nothing like the item they are selling. They will need the extra time gained to manage the increase in "Not as described" cases. This homogenisation nauseates me.

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

hat a load of rubbish,  at the end of the day it is still up to the seller to proof read the advert and if there are differences correct them.  If they don't it an item as not described case immediately. 

The sellers need to start taking some responsibility.

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

I hate hate hate AU-generated content. It has a certain bland smell to it.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

For someone who sells replacement parts this would allow you to easily keep up with listing items. When most items include part numbers it should be easy to get things correct. Now just need a robot to pack the item for shipping.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

What do you have against Australia?

For the record, I write (sort of) my own blurbs, and eBay's current Inventory management leaves a lot to be desired. Like almost every non-fiction book they have a record of being a textbook.

I will continue to spend the minutes required to accurately describe my items.

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

What do you have against Australia?

Typo? Meant AI? On a qwerty board U and I are right next to each other so easy enough to do.

๐Ÿ˜œ

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Have to laugh - he asked the Countess - it was her post he answered.

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

In joke. We pick each other up on faux pas.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply