Unfair and unjust that sellers cannot leave negative feedback

ignoro
Community Member

Ebay operates due to sellers however they do not give us equal rights to leave appropriate feedback. It is so unjust that we are not able to have the same rights as buyers. I have had quite a few not pay and have no intention of paying but cannot leave negative feedback to show other sellers to beware of them.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

@collect247 wrote:

How many times has this topic been asked and answered?

I for one am getting sick and tired of seeing this question asked.

Ummm the boards are not here soley for the entertainment value of some posters and regulars.

I am not sure I understand why you feel to compelled to read a thread if the topic does not interest you ?  Maybe you need to spend some time away from the boards.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

One good (or bad) thing is when I started selling I had a high feedback rating from buying. If I had to start on zero I would give up. Ebay are creating sellers.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

I'm only new to thsi forum and my first ever complaint recently wa triggered by constant unpaying buyers.

So many topics on this obviously means it impacts so many sellers and with unsatisfactory resolution. If you ready these topics, please provide a solution!!!

I have had about 5 unpaid items this week alone. Seriously........ now i need to go through the 8 day process for all of these....... it's so annoying.... and those non payers seem to target my single item listings and so prevents me from selling it for 8 whole days. Just happened 20mins ago.... sometimes I want to scream

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Good to read your rational thoughts..... 

What is then unfair is the timing for unpaid disputes... 4 days waiting them to pay (or more like not pay!), open a case and another 4 days needs to go by before we get our fees back and "dare" to relist items again. 8 days of wasted time.

I believe we need the buyers for our businesses and ebay is creating a good experience to encourage them to buy from us.... but talk about fairness. 8 days is completely unjust and disruptive to all sellers out there.

wish it could be 2days to pay and 2 days to opn a dispute!

--------------------------------

I think it could be vamped up more than that.

How about instant payment expected for buy it now items? Instant in that till it is paid for, it is not considered  or registered on the system as a sale?

That would just about eliminate non payer disputes completely in that category & more importantly it would not remove items from sale unless they really were sold and paid for.

As for auction items, I can't see why payment could not be expected within 4 days but with only a 24 hour dispute process after that.

If people wish to pay via bank deposit, they would need to do that in the first 4 days.

I know some people might claim that is not enough notice but it is 5 days that a buyer would have had in which to pay, that is plenty and it is about time the onus was on them to pay promptly. In fact, I think 2 days would be adequate, maybe with an option for sellers to tick a box if they wanted buyers to be given longer than that.

People-or some people-will push the boundaries. If you gave them 20 days they would pay on day 20, if you train them to know they only have eg 2 or 4 days, they will pay then. Or if they don't, the seller wouldn't have to hang around so long with a 24 hour dispute process.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

The way I see it a lot of the problem is with EBay taking their FVF out the minute a buyer commits to buy. They should not take fees until after the buyer pays. This way if they don't pay we don't need to have the concern of fee recovery. Of course we could still try to convince them to pay but the seller can then decide when to abandon that buyer and move on and resell.
Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

Thats right. Sellers cant leave a neg to buyers cause all buyers are angels.

Thats according to ebay...

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

I have also been a seller since the days when sellers could leave negs for buyers.

The cited reason Ebay gives for removing this (and like others I'm sick of the whole discussion !!) is that it prevents sellers from leaving retaliatory feedback for buyers. This is of course ebay nonsense and I've always seen it as an insult to our intelligence.

Firstly, all ebay achieved through this was taking this possibility from sellers and handing it to buyers. Buyers can now make all sort of unacceptable demands from sellers and conduct themselves in other unacceptable ways with regard to transactions and sellers are 'over a barrel' because of these demands in many cases.

The REAL reason that ebay will never admit for these changes is that -

1.A UPI is a blunt instrument as far as buyers are concerned. I believe one quite popular way around this is simply to open a new buying account and they are in business again, without any restrictions or blight to their 'reputation'. Many sellers fail to set their buyer preferences to exclude such buyers, anyway,

and

2. (and from ebay's perspective, more importantly) The buyer's conduct resulting in the UPIs is invisible to the ebay community within which the buyer is operating. This non-transparency is a feature of a number of ebay policies and is never a good sign when it characterises the policies of a company.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

ive been a seller (was a big seller too) since before the change, and it was one of the reason i stopped selling so much. sick of being blackmailed. everyone says they put in UPIs but do they? its an ongoing problem. 

oh and just a thought, the title of the thread is pretty accurate, if your not interested in the subject, just ignore the thread!!

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply