Unfair negative

qball28
Community Member
O.k. I got a negative feedback which I reckon is unfair. I described that the item was damaged in the listing. He brought them and gave a negative saying he didn't read the description which isn't my fault. Can I get the negative removed or if not how can I reply. ( are you sure I can mention his ebay name?) not that it would make a difference, still not selling much. I might give up ebay for selling..
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Unfair negative

cq_tech
Community Member
Well as minimalist as your description may be, you did actually state that the cards were creased in the centre, so strictly speaking your buyer had no right to leave you negative feedback, especially as he/she even admits to not reading your description.

Ring eBay (don't email them) via the Help & Contact heading at the top & bottom of every page, and ask the customer service rep to have the neg removed. If they decline, ask to speak with a supervisor and explain to them that as the buyer admits to not reading your description, the neg is unfair and should not be allowed to stand. I would hope that as a result it should be removed very quickly.
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Unfair negative

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I agree with CQ....itis hardly your fault if the buyer did not read the very short description or look at the photos properly. You can even see the crease in the photos

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Unfair negative

also reply to the neg....you can lead follow up feedback...look it up...then say something along the lines of "buyer read description and still left a neg...unfair' name the ID of the buyer in your follow up feedback

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Unfair negative

I would be replying with something like "Description said crease in middle. <userID> didn't read. Photos show crease too" or whatever fits into the feedback box.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Unfair negative

Good luck. I also got a neg recently (overseas buyer) who claimed 2 months later  "item not received". I got the comment removed as it was "abusive" but the rating will stay!!!. I refunded the next working day via PayPal  (which I only access a few times a week ) out of "goodwill "and apologised via message. I also agreed the item should of been long received. My biggest mistake  was not to add "tracking" - my fault  100% as I was trying to keep postage cost down for buyer. Amongst  the "automated " responses I got from Ebay  was one with a greeting of "Dear James". Not my name or sex  or a sale I had made - had 0 to do with me. (Was another request for feedback removal)

As it's  been said 10000 times over - buyers have the upper hand  on Ebay. I had a non paying bidder with quite a bit of "positive" feedback.......there were 13 "false negatives" in 1 month......yet still a registered  member????

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Unfair negative

raffta1
Community Member

You can clearly see the damage in the photo when you click on it an enlarge it. This buyer is a noob

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Unfair negative

Maybe I should try to reverse my one instead of wearing it for the next year. Buyer said the game didn't even work, but it worked perfectly on two different consoles and even on the PC running an emulator!
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Unfair negative

Yep, I did it and named put the id in too. ๐Ÿ˜œ
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Unfair negative

By the sounds of it, he was buying them to resell, looking at what he's selling himself. I also noticed that he has had a negative feedback himself. Not to mention pretty carpy stars. 

He's admitted in the feedback that he didn't read the description, I'd still be contacting eBay about getting it removed.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply