Unfair negative

Hi

Today I received an unfair negative from a buyer. It all started mid last week when they said their item hadn't arrived by the estimated delivery time that Ebay displayed. They purchased and paid for the item around 1am Friday morning 26/06/15 and I packed and posted it around lunch time on Friday. So the item was sent within 12 hours of the item being paid for. The tracking number 63213324700092 Aus Post. 

Anyway, the buyer sent me the first message about it not arriving by the estimated time. I responded and said the item was sent within hours of payment and told them I had no control over the item once it is in Australia Posts hands. It was travelling from Hawthorn to Sydney and told them it shouldn't be too far away.

By last Friday it still hadn't arrived and was obviously lost in transit somewhere. They sent another message about how **Bleep** off they are and how this is their worst Ebay experience ever, that I was a bad seller and thats why I will be getting bad feedback. I said "how can you blame me for what Australia Post have messed up"? I bent over backwards to send your item off on the same day you paid for it. I said I would be annoyed too if I was expecting an item, but they shouldn't look at me as a bad seller.

The next email they sent was much the same so I told them they should file a complaint with Ebay or Paypal about their item not arriving. A few days later they filed the complaint with Paypal and it was escalated to a claim.

I received a message from Paypal today and they said the case had been amicably resolved and case closed. The item had obviously been delivered today. 

I check my ebay feedback and there is a big fat negative sitting there from the buyer.

So what it comes down to is they finally received their item, which after all the messing around by Aus Post, still arrived in 10 business days.

I received a negative feedback over something that I had no control over.

I have been a member since 2007 with 971 feedback. I only started selling again in the last  6 months or so, I have sold about 22 items and now my feedback is 95%.

I messaged Ebay about my problem and told them the situation, I also told them to check the tracking number and message history. They responded with one of their generic messages and they said how frustrating it can be etc etc and told me to resolve it with the buyer.  This buyer never spelt one word correctly and used no gramma, so there is no solving anything with them.

I'm furious with the negative, as well as Ebay's response.

A 95% feedback looks shocking and totally effects how I look on Ebay before anybody even clicks on my listings.

If this case was in a court of law, they would force Ebay to remove the negative

Surely sellers have some sort of a leg to stand against Ebay here.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Unfair negative

It probably won't do any good but ring ebay, messaging them is usually a complete waste of time. Make sure you put them on yur BBL and if ebay won't remove the neg leave a follow up with the buyers id in it.  XXXXX is very impatient, posted same day,  that way at east those of us who read the boards can see who it is and add them to our lists.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

Unfair negative

Ring ebay and speak to someone about having the feedback removed as the tracking shows when it was posted and when it was delivered. Rather than waiting on the phone use the request callback and ebay will then call you back, usually within a few minutes.

If this was to happen again it is best not to encourage buyers to open disputes as that can sometimes cause more problems.

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

Unfair negative

The way Australia Post is these days, I am always checking on tracking to see if an item is on track (if you sell lots of items, it may not always be possible to be on top of this).  In the last week, I have had to open 2 "missing item" enquiries with Australia Post and when I do, I let the buyer know I am on to it ....... It's a way of heading off any bad feelings from the buyer in SOME cases - but I always make sure I respond with absolute courtesy if they do express 'bad feelings'.  Now this doesn't help in your particular case, after the event, but something to think of in the future.

I've had so many items delayed at Chullora NSW and other "Australia Post Facilities" and I see that your item got passed around a few 'facilities' in Sydney which is just unacceptable and unfortunately, uncontrollable !!

From reading these discussion boards, it all comes down to the "buyer's experience" which they reflect in feedback unfortunately, even if it is beyond out control.  Other members may have other advice for you in your particular case.

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

Unfair negative

Contact eBay by phone and ask them to remove it, I am pretty sure the rules say that feedback can be removed if the buyer lodges a dispute with Paypal and it is resolved with no ruling against the seller.  INR means NOT received, if the case was closed because the item was received (however long it took), you only need to point eBay to the tracking and show that you posted the same day and they should agree to remove the feedback, the resulting defect and any low stars as well.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Unfair negative

@jensmanchester  I thought that them filing a case and me winning the case would cover my **Bleep** if they left neg feedback.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Unfair negative

@cathy joy  The item mentioned was at Granville on the 1st july, I checked it yesterday and it was back at Granville on the 9th of July. Don't know where it went in the meantime.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

Unfair negative

@sevenseasimport wrote:

@cathy joy  The item mentioned was at Granville on the 1st july, I checked it yesterday and it was back at Granville on the 9th of July. Don't know where it went in the meantime.

Probably Chullora in NSW and Sunshine West in Vic. They play ping pong with each other.

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

Unfair negative

Probably stayed at Granville all that time with all the other items trapped there for a week !!!  Probably with 2 of my items were at Granville at the same time also for a week !!

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

Unfair negative

@sevenseasimport wrote:

@jensmanchester  I thought that them filing a case and me winning the case would cover my **Bleep** if they left neg feedback.

Unfortunately it doesn't necessarily protect you from negative feedback. Whenever a problem arises it is always best to try and work things out without getting ebay or Paypal involved.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply