Unpaid Item - cannot close!

I opened an unpaid item case on an unpaid item after a few days.

Now, days after that (this item was purchased 18/3), the drop-down menu next to the item still has the "open unpaid item case" option available - as if I never opened a case - but I get an error when I click it.

It used to be that the option "close case" was available a few days after opening the case.

What am I supposed to do instead, to close this case? (The buyer never paid.)

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Have you waited the correct amount of time before opening a UPI case ?  It can't be opened until 4 days after the sale of the item.

To close a case you have to wait 4 days (to the second) after opening the case.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

You should be able to close the case from the Resolution Centre once the 4 days have elapsed.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Unpaid Item Case can be opened 4 days after sale date and within 32 days.

Then can be closed 4 days after it was opened to the minute and must be done within 36 days or no FVF credit.

image host
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Yes, it's well past the required days. The unpaid item case was opened properly because there's a little X on the envelope symbol in my "Awaiting Payment" list. 

Anyway, I've managed to close it from the Resolution Centre - it's frustrating though, because you used to be able to do it from that same page after waiting for the days to pass. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply