Unpaid Items Complaint

I would like to know why Ebay makes it so incredibly difficult to get in contact with them and then offers no support whatsoever when a buyer does not complete a sale and I'm left to pay the fees for items not even paid for.  I find their behaviour sickening.  I have been charged interest on outstanding fees and now ended up being threatened with collection agency and so have had to pay fees I don't even owe. What does one do in this case?  

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Unpaid Items Complaint

When a buyer doesn't pay you can open an upaid item dispute/case in the Resolution Centre from day 4 after the sale date. If they still don't pay you can close the dispute in another 4 days and ebay refund FVF's (that is done automatically).

What to do when a buyer doesn't pay - unpaid item process

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Unpaid Items Complaint

If a buyer doesn't pay and you complete the unpaid item process, your fees are refunded - just follow the "resolve a problem" link to the right of the sold items listing on your "My eBay". You can do this 4 days after the sale, ebay chase them up and if they don't pay within another 4 days, your fees are refunded and the buyer gets a strike against their records (you need to let eBay know they haven't paid).

I've always found it best to phone eBay (not email or live chat) and ask to speak to a supervisor if not happy with the service.

Good luck,

Marina.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Unpaid Items Complaint

your fees are refunded and the buyer gets a strike against their records (you need to let eBay know they haven't paid).

If they buyer doesn't pay by day 8, the seller can close the dispute and the FVF's are then refunded automatically... only takes a day or so. No further action necessary.

When you close the dispute you get a notice saying 'you are eligible for a FVF credit' or similar.

I did this last week.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Unpaid Items Complaint

What does one do in this case? 

Before you get that far you read up on all the advice for new sellers and read some of the selling guides aimed at newbie sellers and written by members.

If you had done that or even gone to the help section and typed in unpaid items you would have known exactly what to do andwould have had a refund of your final value fee eight days after the end date.

A bit unfair to be sickened by something that was completely within your control if only you had used a bit of common sense.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Unpaid Items Complaint

Maybe try a couple less gins
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply