Unpaid items

qball28
Community Member
Hello, I sold 4 items this week and 2 of them is unpaid ( I of them is just gone over the 4 days, and the other not very long to two days) not a very good success rate 😢 should I open a upi case, I don't want to get a negative feedback. The 4 day one said he would pay tommorrow, but I don't think so. they both have 100% feedback saying they pay quickly! which isn't true.
Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Unpaid items

Most  certainly, if you have your doubts, open a case. It may just give them a "Rattle" to pay up. 🙂

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

@qball28 wrote:
Hello, I sold 4 items this week and 2 of them is unpaid ( I of them is just gone over the 4 days, and the other not very long to two days) not a very good success rate  should I open a upi case, I don't want to get a negative feedback. The 4 day one said he would pay tommorrow, but I don't think so. they both have 100% feedback saying they pay quickly! which isn't true.

The best thing to do, if you are in communication with a buyer, is to provide clear dates that certain things will take place, in a way that informs them of their options, but makes it clear the terms aren't negotiable, just something simple like "thanks for contacting me , I'm able to keep the item available until [X date], but please be aware that the process to cancel the transaction will initiate on [X date], and is due to be finalised on [X date]. Unfortunately, I will not be able to extend the timeframes beyond those dates."

If you close an unpaid item without payment, the buyer is prevented from leaving any feedback, and if they left a neg or neutral feedback before it closed, you can request it be removed if it doesn't happen automatically.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

If day 4 one says they will pay tomorrow, I'd wait and see if they do. If they don't, then open a case. Once the case is closed, neither person can leave feedback. If one does neg you while the case is open, eBay should remove it if it doesn't disappear automatically.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

qball28
Community Member
Ok, I might just open a upi if they don't pay by 6pm tomorrow ( Monday)
Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

best to have an established routine - 

• have in your listings or in your winning email that payment is required within 4 days
  • on the 4th day send a reminder email giving them 24 hours to reply
  • on the 5th day open an unpaid item dispute
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

I have found that the buyers do not read the Terms of Sale, we almost need a lot more space on the payment instructions.

Some people think that 'payment within 4 days' means pay at the end of the 4th day.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

OP - just  something you need to remember - 100% on a buying only account means nothing.

Sellers can not leave Negative for a buyer, and if they leave a POS green dot with a negative comment, the buyer can have it removed immediately by contacting eBay.

So 100% and happy comments is all you will ever see on a buyers FB if that buyer knows how eBay works.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Or you could leave no feedback and tell the truth on their neg (if they leave one) by the way still nothing from both of them, looks like 2 upi cases. Sick of selling already.😕😠
Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

qball28
Community Member
An update! Both of them paid. Yay😀 one after 3 days and the other more than a day after I opened a upi case on them ( fortunately hasn't left a negative feedback yet. Probably thinks I can too, and he doesn't want to mess up his 100% )
Message 10 of 18
Latest reply