Used deal to list item, item unpaid, what about deal?

Hi there, 

Ebay recently sent me a 'list two things with no fees' deal which I took up. I'm not a busniess seller, I just sell odds and ends sometimes I don't need. The person won my auction never paid. I was just wondering if I can relist the item and take advantage of this original deal or is it gone forever?

To be honest I'm getting a tad fed up with ebay, in three auction listings I've had two non-payers and only one paid, there seems to be more non paying winner than paying winner these days....

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Not sure as I never get offered deals, but I do hope you opened unpaid item disputes against the fake bidders and added them to your blocked bidder list

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Not sure as I never get offered deals, but I do hope you opened unpaid item disputes against the fake bidders and added them to your blocked bidder list

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

I don't think you can relist with he deal as it has finished,it's not ebays fault if someone does not pay.If you open a case you will get your fees back and if you used your 40 free listings your not out of pocket at all.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

eBay never "refunds" any listings. If a buyer asked you to cancel and actually bothers clicking on the agree button, you are given the opportunity to relist the same item for free on the cancellation page. So, if a buyer don't pay due to being a time-wasting git or not bothering to log into eBay again for a whole month, or a cancellation request times out due to the buyer either not agreeing or not bothering to click the button (or again not being on eBay for a stupid amount of time), eBay will happily eat up another listing when you have to manually relist that item after closing the case.
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

If you have used up all 40 listings and have no other freebies left, the non-paying git that wasted your time will force you to cough up $1.65 or wait until next month. Time-wasters only get your FVFs back after the UPI case has ended in your favour, not the free listing/insertion fee.
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

It's 'list 2 items with no fees' deal not 40 free listings. It's a deal where Ebay doesn't charge any listing fee or final value fee. I don't list that much and from time to time ebay sends me that offer. It's a pretty good offer, obviously I'm going to be gutted if a non paying bidder wastes it...

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@jd20005 wrote:

It's 'list 2 items with no fees' deal not 40 free listings. It's a deal where Ebay doesn't charge any listing fee or final value fee. I don't list that much and from time to time ebay sends me that offer. It's a pretty good offer, obviously I'm going to be gutted if a non paying bidder wastes it...

You are going to be gutted, then. As already explained.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Guess Ill go sell it on gumtree then, tired of being put through the Ebay wringer with these buyers.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@jd20005 wrote:

Guess Ill go sell it on gumtree then, tired of being put through the Ebay wringer with these buyers.

Have fun with all the tyre-kickers that frequent that selling platfom then.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@jd20005 wrote:

At least with Gumtree you know where you stand.

Nothing for nothing, whereas you expect eBay to give you something for nothing.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply