Very slow

I thought e-tsy was slow, but this week sold 5 things there - and one in ebay. Same amount of items. Been in ebay 12 yrs ets-y 5 yrs. Thank vintage goddess for other venues. Just three years ago it was common for me to take 15 parcels to PO on a good day....thats all over red rover. Flat out selling one thing per week. Everything has changed so much. It's a different world online and off..compared 5 years ago..

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Very slow

It sure is, and not for the better

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Very slow

@jillywinkle wrote:

I thought e-tsy was slow, but this week sold 5 things there - and one in ebay. Same amount of items. Been in ebay 12 yrs ets-y 5 yrs. Thank vintage goddess for other venues. Just three years ago it was common for me to take 15 parcels to PO on a good day....thats all over red rover. Flat out selling one thing per week. Everything has changed so much. It's a different world online and off..compared 5 years ago..

I haven't sold much on ebay for years now but I do keep reading how a lot of sellers are having a harder time of it so obviously things are tougher for smaller sellers on here.

But if I had to compare life generally over the last 5 years, I would guess there is a lot more online buying going on nowadays.

I'm just thinking of myself & my kids & things we buy. My son for instance prices everything online, reads up about products etc and makes decisions without ever having hit a shop. He recently ordered in their king size mattress online. I'm buying him an outdoor heater for Xmas that he sourced online, his knife set was bought new online from Sydney and so it goes. I buy more online now than I ever did 5 years ago.

So what's the difference? I imagine it is that just about every small business now has an online presence & even the big retail shops are now also on ebay as well, so consumer money is still there but it's spread across a much wider pool.

It doesn't help you though. I think etsy was much less well known 5 years ago but is coming into its own now, people think of it as a place for quality craftsman made items. They aren't all like that actually, but that is a general perception. I just bought that son of mine a beautiful wooden tray off etsy for his birthday. All the way from Canada. 

I find the stuff expensive on etsy but people seem to pay.  I'm guessing you are selling more on that site now as more people know & use it now than previously.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply