Video Rejection Criteria

Hi

I've been using videos on my listings for a while now, and recently have noticed that basically every video has been rejected, with the very helpful notice that it was not approved.

It would be helpful if we could know why a video is rejected. Is this a glitch? Was there something about the content that was deemed inappropriate or in violation of policy? Was the format incorrect? I've been using the same process (recording on my phone, same settings, same format, keeping it to about a minute etc.) so I don't know what's changed.

It would also be nice to be notified when a video is rejected, as currently I can only find out after viewing the listing after a couple of days, and on a 7 day auction (most of the time) it makes it hard to rectify. Also slightly embarrassing when I reference video in the listings when customers can't then see it.

Is anyone else having a similar problem, and have you had any success with customer support in finding out why?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Video Rejection Criteria

I guess you've already read the policy on videos - if not the link is below.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/adding-video-listing?id=527...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Video Rejection Criteria

Yes, according to everything I can see it's in accordance to the video policy.

What I mentioned is that nothing has changed in how I record & upload videos, as previously they had been approved. Now they are not. They aren't saying why. That's the information I want. Or your experiences in dealing with this issue.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Video Rejection Criteria

a lot of videos are being rejected for subliminal message of prohibited content,  not saying you are doing that but a possible option.  Remember they are vetted and it may take up to 7 days

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Video Rejection Criteria

You're selling plants.

What do they do in a minute that warrants a video? Surely a few relevant pics would do the job.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply