Void pending on a cancelled label

mfearby
Community Member

Today I made my very first sale on eBay so I went to print the postage label. When I did, it had my old details as the return address (I have since bought things on eBay and it always had my current address). Anyway, I went and corrected my address in my account area, but now I would like to re-print the label but it seems the only way to do so is to pay for another one!

I don't want to pay for another label when the one I generated was cancelled within 60 seconds of me generating it. It shouldn't take so long for this "Void pending" to take effect.

What should I do? Cancel the order and get the customer to do it again once their refund is confirmed? 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@mfearby wrote:

60 days to process a label cancellation is horrendous. It's 2023 for goodness sake, LOL. 

Glad your email says less,   but they had a heap of people create label,  than cancel after 4 days, but use the label to send through the system. even though its cancelled.

So a smart move.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

mfearby
Community Member

I'm communicating with the buy who said they'd agree to cancel the order and try again, but eBay are only going refund the portion of the sale, less their fee, which is extremely dodgy!

How on earth does one dig oneself out of this postage label hell?!  Without having to pay twice for the postage, that is?!

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

If cancelling labels,  there is a delay of sometime as they need to confirm you have not used the label,  I think its up to 60 days

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

yep 60

If you won't be using your label, you need to cancel it within 5 days to receive a credit. Once your cancellation request is approved, it may take up to 60 days for the postage charge to be credited to your account.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

mfearby
Community Member

60 days to process a label cancellation is horrendous. It's 2023 for goodness sake, LOL. Anyway, I went and paid for the postage myself at Australia Post and found that the rate was $3.75 cheaper than that calculated by eBay (after I entered the dimensions and weight). 

How do you select an "Australia Post Standard Medium Satchel" at the time of creating a listing? It only seems to let you specify the dimensions/weight or accept the recommendation (which would have been below the actual cost, thereby incurring an extra fee at the post office, I presume). Or is the "recommended" postage cost suggested by eBay valid no matter what?

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

mfearby
Community Member

I've just seen in my email, this email from eBay:

You submitted a request to void a postage label. Australia Post is processing your request now.

If your request is approved, the postage value and cost of insurance purchased with the label will be credited to your original payment method within 15 days. If you voided a Media Mail or Parcel Post label, this may take 21 days.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@mfearby wrote:

60 days to process a label cancellation is horrendous. It's 2023 for goodness sake, LOL. 

Glad your email says less,   but they had a heap of people create label,  than cancel after 4 days, but use the label to send through the system. even though its cancelled.

So a smart move.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

How on earth does one dig oneself out of this postage label hell?

Make sure your address is correct in the first place.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

It was addressed correctly (by the buyer) in the first place, but what I didn't notice was my return address was wrong. You don't get to see what it is on the label until you generate the label. Anyway, it was my first sale and I won't be making this mistake again, but they should let you preview the label (without the barcode number on it) before generating it because once you even look at it, the damage is done!

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

How could your return address be wrong? Do you not know where you live? 

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply