Want can be done about buyers with no feedback?

Hello!

I had a of trouble recently with a buyer. She ended up sending threats about coming around to my house and things. Terrible stuff!

The story is long but basically I printed the item number involved in the scandal on a forum thread. The lovely ebay community used this item number to research her buying and selling practices. It turned out she was buying second items on ebay and relisting them as new. She was also using photos from the original listings. I think others from the community contacted her and also reported the items that had fraudulent condition descriptions to ebay. This made her furious and she started sending ominous messages to my inbox about "big consequences" and "ripping off the wrong person" and of course the worst "I will knock on your door and collect the return post amount or get the jeans back.....its up to you...I can create a scene at your house if you want..." (I had paid the return amount a month ago - this was all just crazy scary stuff.)

Today I listed some new items. I had a watcher on all of them within minutes of posting. One item has a bid and that member also contacted me asking for a buy it now price. That member joined today and has no feedback history. I suspect this is a "burner" ID created by the person who has been harassing me - presumably to buy the item and cause further trouble.

I"m a low volume house house seller and not much ebay knowledge or experience. Naturally I have a few questions:

a) is there anyway I can link this buyer ID to the original buyer that is harassing me?

b) I have already added this new ID to my BBL - is there anything else I can do because she has already bid - lets say she bid $1000 that $40 dress will be hers...

c)is the best option to just end all my auctions and use gumtree instead?

Many thanks, I really appreciate the response I recieved from the community last time!

NB: The item with the bid was an item I also purchased second had on ebay - I have listed the condition as preloved and contacted the original seller out of courtesy. I'm not trying to make money on it - just I bought it for a specific occasion and don't think I will have another occasion for it, so am selling. Should I add that I originally purchased it on ebay in my description for fairness and full disclosure?

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

I remember the thread but can't find it. (If it's the same one)

Everyone was amazed how the member could sell as new at high mark up when purchased second hand.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Item-never-return-and-now-buyer-has-listed-it-for-sale/m-p/1...

Message 11 of 39
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

you have been here long enough to understand that buyers and sellers have ids for a reason , so you want me to expose an id that might or might not be the same person, think about if it was you who bid on her item should other people know who you are, please. 

i dont know this seller from a bar of soap , if she is curious  she can contact ebay who can match it , even they prob wont give that info out  its private,  capise private info,

also the last 2 things i was asked to prove kicked me on my butt,  ala prove courier times   remember  also prove buyers allowed to pick up any order   the bearded one.  

if you want to give your website to others thats your business, but you know my feelings about that.  

if the zero feedback new member is the same person that bought from them then I think the seller deserves to know.  I understand you not wanting to get involved, but I wasn't asking you to report your findings here in a post.  If you asked the seller to keep the content of your Private messages private then we would never know.

The times you got kicked in the butt were due to your inexperience and being a newbie.

edit: Sorry joe, I forgot that you've been around here a lot longer that that on another ID, my mistake (I had to consult my book . . . . . . LOL)

As far as the website I mentioned here before, I have been the one member that has provided all members with the information needed to block their purchases from being researched, and I did it without further posting of the name of the site, so I feel some credit is deserved for that act.

Message 12 of 39
Latest reply

It would be easier to admit that you are telling porkies Joe.....the website does not exist.

And if it does exist I don't think much of someone who sits on information and refuses to help out a fellow seller who has had more than her fair of trouble recently.

You are not being asked to divulge any information....just use the site yourself to prove whether the OP has cause to be alarmed about the 0 feedback buyer who is bidding on her item.   Nothing can come back to bite you if you do that, but you might find yourself being treated with suspicion if you keep refusing.

Message 13 of 39
Latest reply

sorry your wrong  i brought something up and it got abused , just like this is going , if you were so conserned why have you not sent me a private message on this thread instead of using my name to the op , 

Message 14 of 39
Latest reply

hey k1ooo  brought it up not me  , as i have said i dont care if anybody believes me , its got nothing to do with anybody else.   i will not produce any more evidence here again after the abuse i have got ,    simple dont believe me. its no big deal. there are plenty of programs that can line up ip addresses. just ask your it  man.

Message 15 of 39
Latest reply

sorry joe, I've been travelling all day and logged on before going to bed for a long sleep.  I should have PM'd you and not raised that site of yours on this thread.  Please accept my apology, and could all other posters please leave this alone now?  Thanks.

Message 16 of 39
Latest reply

So you can only match IP addresses.....not exactly what you were boasting about when you first mentioned it.

Message 17 of 39
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

hey k1ooo  brought it up not me  , as i have said i dont care if anybody believes me , its got nothing to do with anybody else.   i will not produce any more evidence here again after the abuse i have got ,    simple dont believe me. its no big deal. there are plenty of programs that can line up ip addresses. just ask your it  man.

Ah, now I think I understand.......................maybe...............backpeddling.gif

Or is there something that I'm missing?                  

Perhaps an asio or fbi thing that can do what was previously claimed.    smiley-confused013.gif            

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 18 of 39
Latest reply

Just ask ebay....don't they match up accounts by using the IP addresses?

That was what I understood.

Message 19 of 39
Latest reply

true (1).gif

Ah lyndal, but does eBay have real-time satellites to see where those members are on all their device thingies.

Even nasa probably can't track an IP concealed in an exploding hoverboard...................... 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 20 of 39
Latest reply