We're inviting sellers to the new managed payments program in stages. We're sorry you can't sign up

Today the 30th of June, I went to register after receiving email from Ebay asking me to do so by July 1st, which is tomorrow. I spent a lot of time prior researching and wondering I I should go ahead and decided I would, so when I go to register, I get this message ' We're inviting sellers to the new managed payments program in stages. We're sorry you can't sign up' - what is going on??? No explanation, just this statement which tells  me nothing at all. I am within the time, why can't I register, does anyone know? Have you also got this message?  There has been so much negative feedback I am really concerned and don't know now if I want to go ahead as I also read they want photo ID, so passport, drivers licence etc..it concerns me greatly that one company would have so much of my personal info, what if they get hacked? And, why? Why do they need this level of info? I am not applying for a bank loan! I am nobody, don't have a business, just a normal person who sells bits and pieces from time to time on Ebay which I enjoyed but now I feel maybe it is coming to and end for me and many others. I won't be giving all this info to anyone, including Ebay. Tell me your opinion please, am I being paranoid or are you feeling the same way also. Cheers all.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: We're inviting sellers to the new managed payments program in stages. We're sorry you can't sign

Thank you for your informative response to my post, really grateful for your imput. I wish you well in all you do for your future business and the empathy is greatly appreciated, wish there were more people like you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply