Webpage expired..

I keep getting  'the local copy of this webpage has expired' message when I am listing or when getting back to my selling page. I have to refresh the page every time. The only way I can get back to my page.  Anyone else had this problem? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Webpage expired..

Best thing to do in these kinds of cases is to google the symptoms and look for fixes relevant to your situation, to be honest, as it could be any number of factors causing it and a variety of fixes.

It seems to be an issue primarily with IE, though, from the results I just got. IE is not very compatible with eBay (if indeed that is the browser you're using), so I'd personally recommend trying Chrome or Firefox. 

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Webpage expired..

I am using IE. I will try Chrome and see what happens. Thanks
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Webpage expired..

IE is no longer supported by ebay.....it can be very problematic.

Chrome and Firefox at looked on as being good for ebay along with the Edge browser on Windows 10 I believe.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Webpage expired..

I don't know about the new Edge browser but IE was more than problematic; it was downright dangerous.

No one should use it .

IE was considered the least secure browser out there as it would let websites run some pretty nasty scripts via MS Active-X controls and it is still a part of the O/S file system so could offer a direct path into your computer from a web page.

(I just ran a websearch out of my file browser and went straight to the website and that's on Win 7)

In older versions you could put a web address into the address bar of your file browser and it would magically turn itself into the IE browser.

(this was why, when the US govt asked MS to take the browser out of Windows distros, they were told it was not possible).

As I say, Edge may be quite different but IE is still a very big no no!

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Webpage expired..

Thanks to you all. I am now using Chrome. Have to get used to it..

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Webpage expired..

It shouldn't take too long for you to become accustomed to Chrome; you may want to download Firefox as well as some websites are optimised for Firefox, and some for Chrome, and so on and so forth. That way, you'll always have options, and what may not run in one browser may run in another.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Webpage expired..

I use both Firefox and Chrome countessa, Firefox for my day to day eBay buying. online news etc where I've activated Firefox's Adblock plus to get rid of as much advertising as possible, and Chrome that I use mainly for the boards or websites that won't run without cookies allowed. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Webpage expired..

Oh, yes, all  hail to the Adblock Plus add-on!

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Webpage expired..

@padi*0409 wrote:

Firefox for my day to day eBay buying. online news etc where I've activated Firefox's Adblock plus to get rid of as much advertising as possible,

I'm just quoting this as a springboard for a general tip - Adblock Plus can use a lot of resources, and they allegedly were paid by some advertisers to allow certain ads through, so if Firefox is slow, or certain ads are still getting through, I'd recommend Ublock Origin. (I use Opera as my main browser these days, after Firefox became completely unusable for me a few months back, most sites concentrate on compatibility with the main browsers, but the only one I have occasional problems with is Aus Post, and it has some nifty little features, like you can highlight currency, units of measurement etc, and it will automatically pop up with a conversion. Smiley Very Happy I use chrome as well, though, for other stuff ninjaaa)

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply