What Does "ATL" on an Address mean?

We have had a buyer ask us to write "ATL" on the address label so Australia Post can leave in a post box.

The buyer has provided a regular street address thru PayPal.

Does anyone have any idea what this means?

Can't find anything on AP web site about this.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Authority to leave - if no one home

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

hi Clarry

"Authority to Leave"

• you will accept delivery on an 'Authority to Leave' ('ATL') basis.  That is, no signature is required and if you are not at the designated delivery address when the goods arrive, they will be left following the instructions you have provided in the ordering process (eg 'leave on the front porch')

(I'll send you the source of the info through PM as may be seen as advertising a particular company if I post it on the boards, but that's the only place I could find info.)

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Authority to leave - if no one home

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

hi Clarry

"Authority to Leave"

• you will accept delivery on an 'Authority to Leave' ('ATL') basis.  That is, no signature is required and if you are not at the designated delivery address when the goods arrive, they will be left following the instructions you have provided in the ordering process (eg 'leave on the front porch')

(I'll send you the source of the info through PM as may be seen as advertising a particular company if I post it on the boards, but that's the only place I could find info.)

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

OK thank you all.

Since we send by regular large letter then I guess it doesn't matter for us as the item just goes into their mailbox anyway.

Bit risky tho if you normally send by SOD. Since this would mean no signature would be obtained if they are not at home.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

One would think that is normal process anyway, isn't it? so why the need for the extra instuctions i wonder?

OK, oxymoron Australia post and "Normal Process" - but in theory......

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I assume that the buyer had assumed that we would send via a registered SOD means and knew they may not be at home. eg maybe at work.

Even tho our listing clearly states that FREE post means it is sent by regular AP mail.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply