What are the latest restrictions on International Visibility for auctions?

I currently have 82 auction listings on Ebay. Ten are in US dollars and 72 in Australian dollars.

Until now, while there have been various restrictions to limit the visibility of my auctions on standard search as punishment for listing auctions, all my auctions in those two currencies will show in "Sellers Other Items" on all of the US, UK and Australian sites.

Currently instead of 82 auctions showing there, 78 show on the Australian site (4 dog postcards listed in US Dollars have been removed), 69 auctions show on the American site (various ephemera and photograph lots listed in Australian dollars have been removed, including windmill items that usually attract competition between Australian and American bidders), and only 65 auctions show on my "View sellers other items" on the UK site - a combination of both of those removed above, even though I paid for UK site visibility for the dog postcards). The 2 dog postcards that were allowed better international visibility have 5 times the watchers as the ones that don't.

I have been rung in the past by Ebay to tell me that I would be "punished financially" if I continued to list auctions - Apparently punishing your customers for using your legitimate paid services is good customer service, but listing auctions on what I believe is still the world's largest auction site is deemed to be bad customer service.

Until now, except for UK listings by non-UK residents (scumbags like me) being outright banned from the US site, all of my other listings have shown on all sites if the bidder either goes into my other auctions or clicks to see worldwide listings if they didn't already show on that site's standard search.

I am wanting to know what has been changed to reduce the international visibility of auctions of sellers like me, who had the audacity to establish an international auction business on Ebay before they decided that they only wanted retailers of new goods.

Blocking auctions from buyers in various parts of the world seems to me to defeat the purpose of competitive bidding on auctions, as well as defeat the purpose of trading on the world-wide-web..

Regards,  Kevin

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

After about three weeks or so, it looks like the problem has been resolved. most of my auctions that were missing indexed over the weekend, and I got good bidding and enquiries from the USA on a line that I was hoping would attract competition between USA and Australian bidders.

All of my current listings are now showing where they should, including those items listed tonight. So all currently appears to be fixed.

I received no confirmation from Ebay that there was a problem, in the timeframe that they said they would confirm what the situation was (or since that time). I have seen no confirmation anywhere of problems with International visibility on Ebay.

This does affect livelihoods, and users who sell internationally should have been advised.

Kind Regards, Kevin

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

How do you guys do paragraphs on these boards? Rich text or HTML won't work for me.
Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

@found-in-australia wrote:
How do you guys do paragraphs on these boards? Rich text or HTML won't work for me.

I just hit the 'enter' key at the end of the sentence.

e.g. hit once

e.g.hit 3 times

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Must be my browser. It worked in the first post above, and has never worked since. Thanks, Kevin (and when I tried to fix it in a long winded post last week, by using "Preview" the whole thing got deleted.)
Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Well that was short lived fix. 4 out 12 Australian listings tonight indexed onto the international sites. I guess I get what I deserve for not being a compliant seller.
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply