What do you love bout selling on eBay ?

Discuss ....

Message 1 of 70
Latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

The fact that we don't have to get up at 5am to get on a bus/train to go into the city for a 9-5 job.

It's great to be able to work for yourself at home and put in the hours as needed regardless of what the clock says.

Also knowing that it is nearly supporting us fully now and we are hoping it will continue to grow towards that goal despite the recent changes that do worry us a bit in that regard. So we are taking some of the eggs out to another basket!

Message 21 of 70
Latest reply

Yup, I could be good with that, no early mornings, no traffic jams, no set breaks, yep..........

now all I need to do is sell a lot more than I have been selling recently and I am there baby..

Message 22 of 70
Latest reply

well i could lie & say eBay is the best thing since sliced bread.

or i could be honest. i love the feeling of my blood rushing to my head & the warm feeling of rage i get every month i look at my invoice and see how much fees Ive paid in postage fvf. a service eBay don't supply but charge a fee for.

I love the way eBay Australia treat's its little Aussie battlers like **bleep** but bend over backwards to assist over sea's sellers & big retail giants. I love the way customer service is run by programed robots programed to answer each question with a programed answer. I love the way eBay has no loyalty to the little Aussie battlers that has made eBay an success and for years lined the pockets of fat cat thefts over seas that put nothing back into Australia. But what i love more than anything eBay consistency to continue to look at ways to ruin a platform that was a place everyone wanted to use.

now its just a place that gets you fustrated and in fear of being the next person  booted off for nothing yes i do love ebay. 

Message 23 of 70
Latest reply

Well thats not very inspiring Cat Indifferent

Message 24 of 70
Latest reply

I like the forums

if that helps....

and I still miss your ratty-tatty pj's  cats

Message 25 of 70
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

I like that I'm clearing out a heck of a lot of stuff that has been sitting in boxes on the floor in the spare room, plus drawers all through the house, for the last few years. I had no idea I'd bought so much stuff way back when!

Bouncing_sheep.gif

What I like most is the same - clearing out the boxes and drawers and wardrobes full of 'office' clothing that now I am retired, no longer have any need for (or don't fit into). And selling off the leftovers of the various fads that my younger daughter went through in her 20s - but which she lost interest in - scrapbbooking, jewellery making, Avon, Nutrimetics, Tupperware, photography, etc etc  - and her ongoing love of stationery. No room to store it all at her place, so where did it end up? Mum's place of course. All of which clutters up three spare rooms. I can't wait till it's gone. The money I make isn't a big motivating factor, but it's better than nothing - or having all that stuff still sitting here.

Message 26 of 70
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

After nearly 6 years selling however I finally managed to save enough for a trip to the US and Cuba for myself and my husband for 5 weeks

I loved Cuba, been there twice but it was many years ago, doubt if it has changed much lol.

Selling gives me more than enough to cover my fare to and from Australia,  it allows me to slowly empty all the bags and bags of clothes I have stored in the loft here in the UK and to clear out my wardrobe in Aus of all but a few favourites every year and buy new clothes.

Of course it has it's downside, without ebay I wouldn't be overrun by foxes (insert very large winking smiley here) and head for the hills.

Kudo for your sig, not the post (actually didn't even read the post) jsut LOVE THE SIG

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 27 of 70
Latest reply

@shepherdsrule wrote:

I like the forums

if that helps....

and I still miss your ratty-tatty pj's  cats

lol .....

<<<<<< awww these old things

Popped on for the weekend in the hope that comfy old pjs will motivate me to list something .....

Message 28 of 70
Latest reply

I found more boxes in the shed that I didn't even know were out there!!! I wouldn't mind betting there are more. I opened the lids and closed them again......will sort at another time......or next time we get a 150 freebie promotion.

I went through a fad of buying up all this stuff with the intention of making jewellery and selling it at the Sunday markets. Jewellery never got made and now the Sunday markets cease to exist. I figured after 5 or 6 years it wasn't going to happen, so time for it to go. I WANT MY SPARE ROOM AND DRAWERS BACK!

I've also got a large mineral specimen collection which I am selling off multiples. That's probably to make space for ones I don't have, but I can't see the point in having half a dozen off the same thing. I'll probably start culling the Matchbox car collection one of these days too, get rid of the multiples.

Apart from the minerals, most of what I'm selling I'm selling for what I paid, plus tacking on what eBay's fees are and postage if it's listed as 'free postage'. Profit isn't much at all, if any. I'm just happy to get my money back so I can get rid of it.

Most of my stuff isn't really stuff you could sell off on facebook sites and what not, so I'm glad I have eBay to offload it.

Message 29 of 70
Latest reply

Not everything of the 'collector' daughter came to my place. There's also HER spare room and a shed out in the backyard, neither of which have been looked in for probably years. So bad apparently, I am not even allowed to look... says a lot doesn't it?

Message 30 of 70
Latest reply