What do you think of "Getting paid on eBay has changed"?

I received the "Getting paid on eBay has changed" email and after searcing the threads I discovered that ebays new selling fees will be  13.4% plus $0.30 per order.   

It seems to me that the main reason for the change is pure greed, the other reason is that ebay will receive payment of their fees immediately.

They say "You'll no longer have to pay Paypal payment processing fees" but we will be paying, to ebay instead of Paypal.

We will pay 0.1% less in selling fees but will have to wait up to 2 days for payment and no longer have the choice and protection of Paypal.

They are forcing us to provide personal and financial information to make this change or else they will disable new listings!!

I personally think I will be selling a lot more on Facebook Marketplace now.  My sales have done quite well and it is free.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: What do you think of "Getting paid on eBay has changed"?

they have changed that was changed at the start of the month if you look at the list 🙂  we fall in the partnership Business set up so that our out this time

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

@instylecollectables wrote:

@silver-fox-bullion wrote:

they are sending emails out as we just got one re managed payments only a couple days ago and trying to force us across to them. Again we get out of them via a loop hole in the way our business is set up. Waits for rd 3

You sell coins and coins are so far on the restricted list and I sell items that are on the restricted list so are you at all worried that you may not be allowed to sell at all on ebay? 

I was told that if I didn't register by 1/3/21 that my selling will be restricted and who knows what that might mean perhaps a limit of items or no items at all.

I'm still worried as it's nearly the 1/3/21 and I haven't been given any indication yet.

the list you will NOTICE only business sellers can list the few grey area items and NON ABN holders will still not be able to list them     

We are now being forced to change to "Managed Payments" with more restrictions of what we can now sell:- 

Sellers enrolled in managed payments are not allowed to list the following items:

• Accommodation, timeshares, holiday packages and car rentals
  • Alcohol, beer, spirits and wine
  • Bullion (Business sellers may list beginning 23 February 2021)
  • Coins, notes (Business sellers may list beginning 23 February 2021)
  • Downloadable products and virtual items
  • Gift cards, coupons and vouchers
  • Items containing nudity
  • Martial art weapons
  • Motor vehicles
  • Real estate
  • Services
  • Tickets for travel, events or experiences
  • Tobacco pipes and vaporizers
  • Virtual currency
Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

@silver-fox-bullion wrote:

they have changed that was changed at the start of the month if you look at the list 🙂  we fall in the partnership Business set up so that our out this time

Just checked and business sellers all good to go from today and as I'm a private seller it looks like I won't be allowed to sell from the 1/3/21 or will ebay decide later down the track to allow private sellers?

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply