What does ebay really want you to sell

Has any body really worked this one out.  Collectables seem to get free auctions.  I rather thought that they wanted new items for sale on here.  Is it what ebay wants or what the buyers want.

Scratching head with this one, probably others are as well.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Whatever sells the most which will help them make more money.  Have a look at ozbargain.com.au to see what people are most interested in buying or at least getting excited about.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Well pull my head out of the hole.  No wonder no one uses ebay.  Could spend hours on this bargain site. No good for the ebay watchers, they watch your item and do nothing.  Thanks, I will do as you say.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

collectables get free auctions - really?  did I miss something? or only for stores...?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Stores and non -stores.

How could you miss that?     Big category too

http://www.ebay.com.au/chp/collectables

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

But I always get charged a listing fee if it's not part of my 40 listings or a promo .. What am I doing wrong ... I sell mainly vintage (magazines under books so understand those don't count) ... Do share !
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Collectables are deducted from the free listing quota in both stores and non stores. If you have a store, you can list collectables as auctions using the free listings, whereas everything else, if you want to list as an auction, you get charged an insertion fee. It doesn't come off your freebie allocation.

If you use all your free monthly allocation on both stores and non stores, you get charged an insertion fee, same as anything else.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply