What happens to Non Paying Bidders?

I have just filed another NPB on a non paying bidder and when I checked the feedback of this one I see that he has at least three false positives where he has obviously not paid other sellers.

I think that it used to be three strikes and suspension for non paying bidders but another seller told me recently that he thinks that has changed.

Does anyone know if there is a definite policy for NPBs ie if you reach a certain amount of strikes you get suspended?

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

I dont believe ebay does much about it at all.

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

Why should ebay do anything to a non paying bidder if the seller they didn't pay thinks it is all right to breach ebay policy? Surely that makes them as bad as each other!

Non payers get an unpaid item strike if the seller completes the process and sensible sellers have members with more than one unpaid item strike in the last 12 months blocked from bidding or buying from them.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

Why should ebay do anything to a non paying bidder if the seller they didn't pay thinks it is all right to breach ebay policy? Surely that makes them as bad as each other!

Non payers get an unpaid item strike if the seller completes the process and sensible sellers have members with more than one unpaid item strike in the last 12 months blocked from bidding or buying from them.

Not sure I understand that comment. Why would sellers think it is OK for buyers not to pay? I file an NPB for each and every bidder that doesnt pay.

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

I think that karma is more likely to deliver non-payers their due, than ebay.

I also note that leaving feedback for a non-paying bidder is not an automatic policy breach as some like to make out, nor does it negate any strike left.

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

PJ has refered to the fact that it's a breach of ebay policy to leave a negative comment for a buyer with a positive point. Some sellers who do that don't arrange for the buyer to receive a strike.

TCT
Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

Some sellers don't leave a comment OR give a strike ... pick on them, not those that at least give a heads up to other sellers

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

😛

TCT
Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

Ebay does nothing. Ive had about 12 non paying buyers in the last 3 months. Ebay didnt do a damned thing.

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

gec2002
Community Member

"Why should ebay do anything to a non paying bidder if the seller they didn't pay thinks it is all right to breach ebay policy? Surely that makes them as bad as each other!"

No because one actually costs Sellers money and while it’s only a small amount individually (5, 20 or 50 cents listing fees) in total it’s a good earner for eBay.  The other is just another random eBay rule, ignored by frustrated sellers who feel they have no other recourse.  As Benjamin Franklin said “Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.”

Putting blocks in place does little to address the issue, habitual offenders just move to a new ID when blocked too often.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 10 of 33
Latest reply