What if buyer provided a wrong address?

I sold a camera to a Japanese buyer, his registered address on eBay looks a bit confusing (I'm not familiar with Japanese address), it has all the letters joined together, so I sent a message to the buyer, copied his registered address, asking if this is the right address to put on the parcel box, he replied with a clearer address that has each component in a line, then I used this address when posting the item.

Later when I added tracking number, I saw his registered address again, it doesn't quite align with the newer address that he sent me, so I immediately messaged the buyer and asked if it matters. Again, I'm not familiar with Japanese address, maybe it doesn't matter, maybe it does, my question is, if the address is wrong, who will be responsible? It's the address that buyer messaged me when I asked him to confirm, but on the other hand, it's not exactly the one written in his profile.

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

What if buyer provided a wrong address?

Although you took steps to get a clearer address from the buyer, it is possible that eBay may side with the buyer if it is substantially different to the one on record for the sale.  If you can provide tracked shipping and tell eBay to read your messages where you both agreed on the second address, you just might be okay if it goes missing.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply