What is final value fee on shipping? I have just noticed them on my account.

I sometimes use Ebay satchels and print label, fair enough to pay fee but when I use my own satchels I should not have to pay a fee on shipping. It's a rip off!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Nope, it's part of the "service" in the GST.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

It has nothing to do with ebay satchels or labels.   Ebay has been charging FVF  on the total sale amount including postage charges, for years.  It was introduced to combat sellers evading FVF by listing items for 99c with $500 postage.  Simply add the FVF into your post and handling charges at time of listing. 

All legal and approved by ACCC

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

eBay have been charging fees on the ENTIRE transaction for 6 years.

Whether you consider it fair or not doesn't matter to them, nor does the fact that it's taken you 6 years to notice.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@jillypink53 wrote:

I sometimes use Ebay satchels and print label, fair enough to pay fee but when I use my own satchels I should not have to pay a fee on shipping. It's a rip off!

No, it's just that you're not understanding: you're not paying a fee on the postage method, you're paying a fee on the postage charge itself. Whether you use your own satchels, Australia Post's, or Fred Nurk's 100% Trustworthy Couriers, you'd still be charging the buyer for the service - THAT'S what you're paying the FVF on...

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply