What is the best(cost efficient) way post USB Drives ??

Hi,

I am new to ebay. I would like to be able to send small things such as USB drives through the post? What way is the most suitable and cost effective method? I do not have an AUSPOST business account as I only want to send a few items like say 10 USB drives. I have looked at padded mail, which costs $1.29. Not sure how much it will cost to send domestically, I am in Australia. The item price is around $15. What is the most cost effective way to post this this item?

Kind regards,

Ebay seller

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@niko_zheng wrote:

Hi,

I am new to ebay. I would like to be able to send small things such as USB drives through the post? What way is the most suitable and cost effective method? I do not have an AUSPOST business account as I only want to send a few items like say 10 USB drives. I have looked at padded mail, which costs $1.29. Not sure how much it will cost to send domestically, I am in Australia. The item price is around $15. What is the most cost effective way to post this this item?

Kind regards,

Ebay seller

Funnily enough, given you posted on the ebay AU forums, we are all in Australia too. Who would have thought, eh?

I can't recommend a postage option for you. It depends on the size of the USB stick. Personally, I'd be signing up for My Post Business because if you are selling a few things, you can get good discounts on postage if you post a certain amount per month. It's FREE to sign up. You don't have to be a so called business in the sense of like Big W. You don't have to have an ABN or anything like that. 

If your USB are cheap and nasty, then send them in a padded mailer with no tracking. Be aware, ebay buyers are becoming more savvy, so will often open an item not received dispute for untracked items, even when the item has arrived, because they can. You will lose any dispute with no tracking. You can spend a few extra bucks and send in a padded mailer, with tracking. That's what I'd be doing. 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Also to add, the things you already have listed all state free postage

So if those sell, you can't ask the buyers to pay for postage after the fact

Given the number of fake/knock off USB drives that are on eBay by the bucket load, you may have a hard time selling things like that since buyers are becoming less and less likely to risk if the ones they are buying will be real or not

And that could be especially true for new seller of them who only offer stock photos 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply