What is the email address for ebay, please?

I spent three hours listing my first item to sell on ebay. Finally, I had one more thing to do and this was to click onto the 'Continue' button. When I did this, a message came up saying that a PIN Number would be sent to me via my phone or text. I added my phone number and clicked 'Text.' A message came up telling me to put in a valid phone number. I did this many times over and the same message kept on coming up. I gave the number to my house mate and I asked him to call my number. My phone rang. I got him to text me too, and I got the text. When I tried to go back to the product I was listing to sell, it had vanished.

When I went to Customer Support, they had no category under "Selling An Item" for the problem I was having. After spending another hour trying to get Customer Support and not getting it, then I have come here. Thank you

Message 1 of 90
Latest reply
89 REPLIES 89

Was the number you have listed with eBay the number that you gave them to contact you on?

anyway....

OK, top right of your screen is a tab called Customer Support.

click on that.

once inside, you will find two tabs, one says "Find and Answer", the other says "Contact eBay" They are about 1/3 the way down on the left side of your page.

Choose "Contact eBay"

You will then have a choice of three tabs "Buying", "Selling" and "My Account"

Hover over "Selling" and a drop down menu will appear to the right.

The first heading under "Getting Started" is "Listing Items"

Click on this.

You will then be given 3 choices to make contact

Contact us

Call us Learn more?Learn about how Call Us works

Agents are available to accept your call from Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 9:00pm; Saturday - Sunday, 8:00am - 5:00pm (AEST/AEDT)We'll give you a phone number and PIN.

Chat with us

7:00 AM to 11:00 PM (Australian Eastern Time, 7 days a weekAgents are available to chat with you from 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM (Australian Eastern Time, 7 days a week

Send us an email

Generally we will reply within 24 hours

My advice is to wait until the morning and to ring them, I think it will give you a 1800 number and a 6 digit code to enter at the appropriate time - just follow the prompts.

If you email, it may take them a while to answer you and they have a habit of not answering the question you actually ask.

If you talk to them in person, they will stay on the line with you and guide you through what you need to do, right there and then.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 90
Latest reply

A few things to try first before you try contacting ebay.

Have you got a credit or Vsa/Mastercased card on file wth ebay?

Have you set up your automatic fee payments?

When you tried to list your item are you sure you were on the Au site?

If you didn't answer yes to all those then go ahead and do any yo said no to before trying again, if still no luck then follow the fishy trail to contact ebay.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 90
Latest reply

Hi, just want to say thank you very much for your help. It was through your post that I was able to contact ebay via email. They responded to me very quickly. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I am not that computer smart and although I worked out how to post a message, it took me longer to work out how to reply to them. Thank again

I will copy and paste ebay's reply to me here as it may help others with a similar problem. I need to edit parts of it as it contains my personal details.

Hello Criminalrecord,

Thanks for writing to eBay about the trouble in creating a seller's account.

I've looked into your account and I see that the registration address you have in your eBay account is still inUSA and not AU. We may need to confirm first if your registration address is already updated so that we can change your registration Site ID.

I also suggest that you change and edit the telephone no. you on file and make sure to type in 04 on the first box and 000000 (my phone is edited) on the second box.

Here's how to update your phone number in My eBay:
1. Go to My eBay.
2. From My eBay, click the 'Account' tab.
3. Click the 'Personal Information' link.
4. Click the 'Edit' link next to the information you want to update.

I trust that this information will help you and I wish you all the best in your future transaction.

Sincerely,
 XXXXX (name edited out)
eBay Australia Customer Support

Message 4 of 90
Latest reply

Hi, everything was verified when I signed in with ebay back in 2012 as I have always had the same number and I have never lived in the USA. So I am not sure how my phone number was linked to the USA. Thanks for your feedback anyway.

Message 5 of 90
Latest reply

joando_6
Community Member
Hi,
I bought a driving sunscreen roughly two months ago and have not yet received the item. Moreover the item doesn't show in my purchase history even to contact the seller so my money is gone for not getting anything out of it. Will be happy if you can chase it up for me or get back my money.
Thanks
Message 6 of 90
Latest reply

You have replied to a 4 year old thread that has nothing to do with the original post.

You need to contact (phone) eBay through the "help and contact" link at the top of any page.

eBay staff do not read these forums, only members like yourself are here...........................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 90
Latest reply

@joando_6 wrote:
Hi,
I bought a driving sunscreen roughly two months ago and have not yet received the item. Moreover the item doesn't show in my purchase history even to contact the seller so my money is gone for not getting anything out of it. Will be happy if you can chase it up for me or get back my money.
Thanks

Have you changed the timeframe in your Purchase History from 60 days to 2017?  If you still cannot find the item it may be that ebay has removed it completely from the site.

After all this time it is unlikely that you will get any help from the seller so I would open a dispute in paypal and get a refund.

Message 8 of 90
Latest reply

You cant email them, because they dont want anyone contacting them.

Message 9 of 90
Latest reply

This thread is FIVE YEARS old.

What applied then doesn't necessarily apply now, so dragging it up, especially to not add anything of value, is not doing anybody any favours

Message 10 of 90
Latest reply