What is the email address for ebay, please?

I spent three hours listing my first item to sell on ebay. Finally, I had one more thing to do and this was to click onto the 'Continue' button. When I did this, a message came up saying that a PIN Number would be sent to me via my phone or text. I added my phone number and clicked 'Text.' A message came up telling me to put in a valid phone number. I did this many times over and the same message kept on coming up. I gave the number to my house mate and I asked him to call my number. My phone rang. I got him to text me too, and I got the text. When I tried to go back to the product I was listing to sell, it had vanished.

When I went to Customer Support, they had no category under "Selling An Item" for the problem I was having. After spending another hour trying to get Customer Support and not getting it, then I have come here. Thank you

Message 1 of 90
Latest reply
89 REPLIES 89

All you can really do is ask the seller if they are prepared to send with RM. But, that will require, at the least, the seller to edit the listing to include that as a postage method.

As Lyndal said, the GSP gives the seller pretty much absolute protection as long as the item arrives at the Pitney Bowes depot in the UK. Anecdotally, many wouldn't sell overseas without it, so you might not find that many who are prepared to use RM.

Message 21 of 90
Latest reply

@robait wrote:[...]  I rarely need items quickly enough to warrant the extra cost of express. [...]

As said, it's not an express service. The Global Shipping Program is the result of deals by eBay and logistics companies where the buyer is paying in most cases far more than the actual cost of getting the item from Point A (seller) to Point B (buyer). wnDirect plays a similar role in the UK's Global Shipping Program to Pitney Bowes' role in the US's Global Shipping Program.

Much of the cost paid by the buyer is "repackaging cost" (where - if the parcel IS repackaged, it's done so much more poorly than the seller's original packaging; if the parcel isn't repackaged, PB or wnDirect don't refund the buyer), PB's/wnDirect's cut, maximum postage cost if the seller hasn't entered parcel dimensions and weight (never refunded to the buyer if the dimensions are substantially smaller than the standard assumed dimensions), the 10% on the item price plus the shipping charge paid by the buyer, PB's/wnDirect's admin costs in collecting the GST (not permitted in Australia by Australian businesses collecting GST, but apparently it can't be prevented if overseas businesses charge this), plus 10% on the admin cost of collecting the GST.

In spite of the cost, the GSP is not a priority service. "We charge you more to get things to you - more slowly" should be the program's motto.

Friendly and polite communication, plus a good feedback-giving history, seem to be key when contacting UK sellers with a request to send by means other than the GSP. But if all else fails, I have purchases sent to my UK parcel forwarding address, making sure I go into a mini UK-buying frenzy from Harrods or something to justify the postage cost from UK parcel forwarding address to my Australian address. If you tend to buy a lot from the UK, you may want to think about that as an option.

Message 22 of 90
Latest reply

robait
Community Member

@countessalmirena

Interesting.  Thanks for the input.

@davewil1964

I just got word back from a UK seller indicating that he'd removed Australia from the GSP.  Via Royal Mail direct, the postage cost has now reduced to less than half.  Result!  I did mention that the high postage costs were probably limiting his sales.

Message 23 of 90
Latest reply

Hi the phone number for eBay please
Message 24 of 90
Latest reply

go to HELP at very top of page....follow the prompts & have them call you, or you can call them
Message 25 of 90
Latest reply

Hi I ordered and payed for a 3in one collar and remote of you three months ago and haven't got it yet very disappointed with eBay . I would like to know why I have received it . Barbara
Message 26 of 90
Latest reply

Barbara, you have not contacted eBay here, the posters on these boards are just everyday members like yourself.

You should never give out so much personal identifying information on public discussion boards.  I have reported your post so that the identifying information can be removed.

As for your concerns, you should have contacted the seller to find out when it was sent.  If you paid by PayPal you have 180 days to make a refund claim for Item Not Received (INR).

If the seller can not show that the item has been delivered by tracking then you should get a full refund.

Come back to these boards if you ever need help in the future as there is a wealth of information available from experienced members who have had the same sorts of problems that other members experience.

Message 27 of 90
Latest reply

Good question did you ever find email address as it’s doing my head in trying to find it
Message 28 of 90
Latest reply

@zakissa11,

eBay's "Have us call you" option is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. (Emails are useless, for a number of reasons, but primarily because the responses, when they are finally sent, are bot-generated.)

eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

We’re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.

Message 29 of 90
Latest reply

I received my call Blocker but it was susppose to have a power adapter

Message 30 of 90
Latest reply