What is the email address for ebay, please?

I spent three hours listing my first item to sell on ebay. Finally, I had one more thing to do and this was to click onto the 'Continue' button. When I did this, a message came up saying that a PIN Number would be sent to me via my phone or text. I added my phone number and clicked 'Text.' A message came up telling me to put in a valid phone number. I did this many times over and the same message kept on coming up. I gave the number to my house mate and I asked him to call my number. My phone rang. I got him to text me too, and I got the text. When I tried to go back to the product I was listing to sell, it had vanished.

When I went to Customer Support, they had no category under "Selling An Item" for the problem I was having. After spending another hour trying to get Customer Support and not getting it, then I have come here. Thank you

Message 1 of 90
Latest reply
89 REPLIES 89

c_mount
Community Member
feebay@fraudsters.com
Message 11 of 90
Latest reply

Wow David, you really do get upset of trivial things don't you?? Why are you so concerned somebody responds to a 5 year old thread? How does it inconvenient you personally? Explain please as we'd all love to know sir?
Message 12 of 90
Latest reply

robait
Community Member

So why has this question not been answered?

What's the point of these forums if Ebay staff don't respond?

What is Ebay's email address?

Message 13 of 90
Latest reply

These forums are member to member. Ebay do not read the posts here.

I don't think you can email Ebay. Do you have a problem that the experienced buyers and sellers here can help you with? Otherwise you can message Ebay to call you back.

Latest reply

@robait wrote:

The reason it hasn't been answered is that eBay removed it's Email address from it's contact options so they

can't be contacted via Email,(works out better for them as less staff needed and robots can/will answer their

other questions).

eBay staff believe that the Aus boards aren't worthy of their time so they treat them like mushrooms.

Generally the people on the boards have better knowledge than an Ebay "rep" so it's much easier/better

to ask on the boards for a more accurate and sensible answer,good.gif

Message 15 of 90
Latest reply

@robait wrote:

many of us have asked the same question over the years.

There was some hope two years back when an eBay Community Manager made contact with some members outlining a restructure of the boards that would include greater eBay staff involvement.  Some discussion was had that helped shape the restructure.  Then, the announcement was made to the general boards (see spoiler below for link).

The one really disappointing thing is that the 25th of this month will mark a year to the day since the eBay Community Manager last logged in to these boards.

One benefit of eBay staff basically abandoning the boards is that we have so far avoided our Aussie boards from going the way of the US boards.

Spoiler

Message 16 of 90
Latest reply

Friday was the anniversary of the last Seller's chat thread.

Like most things with eBay, it would appear if it needs a human, it is not cost effective and won't happen.

Message 17 of 90
Latest reply

robait
Community Member

Thanks for the replies.

I'd have thought a forum provided by Ebay would make more sense if it were monitored by Ebay staff.  But I suppose tricking members into answering questions for them for free is better for their bottom line.Smiley Frustrated

Anyway, my question pertains to what seems to be relatively recent changes to the Global Shipping Program.  No longer do we have the cheaper option of standard shipping from the UK.  I rarely need items quickly enough to warrant the extra cost of express.  Interestingly, the UK sellers don't realise this until I mention it to them.

I figured this is a question more suited to Ebay staff than members.  It'd be easier if I could simply send an email which could be forwarded to the relevant department, than to faff about on the phone with someone who likely doesn't have a clue.

Message 18 of 90
Latest reply

chances are that you will get better and more pertinent advice here from members than any eBay reps.

Message 19 of 90
Latest reply

Yes, the GSP service has been rolled out in the UK as well as in the USA.

However, it is no more a Priority or Express service than I am the Queen of England.   It is as overpriced and slow as the service is from the USA.

The only people who benefit from the GSP are the sellers as the service offers full insurance, tracking and seller protection.  It also protects the seller from bad feedback when it refers to the high costs and slow delivery of items.

I recently bought items in the UK from two different sellers......same items just different patterns.  Both sellers were paid within minutes of each other.    One seller used Royal Mail....the cost was $12 and the items arrived within 9 days.

The other seller used the GSP at a cost of $60 and the items took 3+ weeks to arrive.

Message 20 of 90
Latest reply