What rights does eBay have?

Hi, I've just sold an item that was pickup only. Unsurprisingly, my buyer paid cash.

But, my eBay bill includes a "Shipping fees disbursed" cost of nearly 2% of the sale price. Added to eBay's fee of almost 10%.

What right does eBay have to charge a "shipping" fee when there was no shipment?

Any reply gratefully reeived, as I'm angry now.

Paul

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Did you have a postage cost listed? How is ebay supposed to know it was pick up? If the buyer has collected, send an invoice removing the postage cost and send. Don't hit recalculate. Let the buyer know to ignore it. Then go back to the item on your selling page. Refresh the page, make sure the postage now says $0 then mark as paid, then posted. Any fee that had been charged for postage will be removed. If you had already marked as paid and posted, you need to ring ebay to get them to refund the fees.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

This item was marked clearly "Pick up only". There was no doubt about that.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I should also mention that i had gone through all eBays' forms to get to the sale. And 'pick up only' was there.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

The final value fee on postage is not 2% so I am not sure what the amount you are seeing is for.

Maybe ring ebay and ask.   If the invoice was issued after the 1st July it may have something to do with the GST on the fees.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

If there is an amount showing under Shipping Fees Disbursed on your eBay invoice it is for postage paid through the eBay Aus Post postage labels. It probably relates to an older sale.

Check your Seller Account under the Account tab in your My eBay. When the postage label is first created it shows up under the Fees tab in your account as Australia Post shipping fee. When you receive your monthly invoice the Shipping Fees Disbursed total is at the top and if you scroll right down to the bottom you can see the details of all postage labels created.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply