Featured Store..... AU $60.45 per month

Anchor Store..... AU $604.95 per month

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Shop fees have just gone up

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Umm, isn't that with the new netflix tax included?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I could be. Just noticed it when I was deciding whether to change the level of store I have.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks, just checked it and it seems that is what it is. Should have checked 1st before posting. Arrived home yesterday from my Mothers funeral so still in a daze and trying to catch up on the latest that is happening

Thanks for the info

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

The latest rise in fees is the straw that broke this little camels back. At the start of the month I downgraded my smaller store from featured to basic. It was either that or close it all together as the ebay fees have simply been taking too much of the gross turnover and an extra 10% in fees was just that little bit too much to bare. . It will be interesting to see if this affects sales.

If I do find sales drop below the current level, it will be bye bye for that little store. This is the first serious step in winding down my ebay business, as a response to the long term decline in sales and policy decisions by ebay management over the last couple of years.

Pity really as we had a good thing going a few years ago. We where earning a full time income from ebay and considering employing someone to help in the business. The only blessing is that we saw the writing on the wall in time and have developed an alternative, non internet based income stream to take over when ebay is no longer viable for us.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Yes it is a shame. This is my Mothers business and I helped her.

I promised her before she passed away that I would do my best to keep it going as she just loved it.

It just seems to be getting harder and harder to justify the time and money spent doing new listings, tweeking listings trying anything to improve selling but the returns are so little nowadays.

I will keep trying for a little while anyway

Thanks for the input
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

This is the 10% GST on fees Netflix tax in effect.

This will drive us closer to the wall.

With the combination of this and the declining sales we have been experiencing over the past 18-months it will just drive us out of here sooner.

Putting item prices up to cover it will not work as it just widens the gap between us and the flood of Chinese sellers in our category.

Sad but true really.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

My prices are somewhat dictated by other sellers' prices.

I do, however, ignore the Pommie dropshippers, and pitch my prices against other Australian sellers. Who will have the same impost as me. Which should mean the playing field stays level. 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply