What the heck...?!?

saarzi
Community Member

Just went into a few of my listings and realise ALL my listing descriptions are being blocked by IE, with big red block, and "unsafe" all over it. Its only happening in I.E, not firefox or chrome.

Theres not HTML or code in my descriptions whatsoever.

Anyone else??

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: What the heck...?!?

Turning off smartscreen filter did not work for me. When I went to settings in the staart menu, then "update & security", then "check for updates", and downloaded a large windows 1607 update (took > 1 hour to download & install), the non-displaying / blocked description when using IE browser problem was solved. Even when I went back into settings and turned the smartscreen filter back on again, the problem did not recur. I am guessing that windows may have addressed the eBay / IE incompatibility problem that was causing the item description to be blocked. I wonder how many potential buyers who use IE rather than google chrome or Mozilla firefoxmay still be unable to view item descriptions, however.  

Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

The problem has still not been fixed.

Message 22 of 23
Latest reply

Hi All, After much discussions with eBay's CS, Trend Micro and Microsoft this is not a browser issue, not chrome, Firefox, and not IE. It is also not a security issue or Microsoft problem. EBay had no idea, I had contacted them 6 times and come up empty. Although on 2 occasions I was told different stories. The first was that it had to do with active content ( lies, as I don't have active content) secondly the rep could read everything that was blocked out in red. When I asked him to tell me what he was reading all he could read was the title-more lies) All of a sudden after 2 weeks the problem fixed itself. I was told by all companies that it had nothing to do with them and it was eBay. I did not have to go through nearly 2 weeks of jumping through hoops as it did fix itself as it did for a lot of my friends.
Message 23 of 23
Latest reply