What the heck???

Just got home to find that a buyer had purchased 3 of my items.

I then look at the confirmation emails and it says that the items are NOT paid for and the buyer has requested an invoice total.

My items are ALL set to Buy It Now, and this is the first time in 3 years that I have not had immediate payment.

Something weird is going on - can you please have a look at item 292781155140 and tell me if you see anything other than BIN?

Anyone else having this glitch today??

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

What the heck???

Did they buy quantity of 3 in the same listing or 3 different items ?

image host
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

What the heck???

I put the two remaining sizes in my cart, and the request total link was active and usable (I didn't click it to double-check - there should still be a confirmation screen before the commitment to buy, but it's been a while and if there are cart glitches I figured it'd be safer not to Smiley Very Happy ). 

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

What the heck???

I should add it did actually say immediate payment required in the postage and payments tab, but not in the cart like it usually does.
Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

What the heck???

Kopes, they ended up buying 3 separate times, but nevertheless, even if they did so, it should have taken 3 payments.

The whole thing makes no sense - I've just checked my store from another browser and when I put them in my cart it doesn't give me an option to request a total, just a "Confirm and Pay" button.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

What the heck???

I'm with Digi, there is definately an option to request a total. Here is a screenshot from your store.request total.JPG

As far as I know, it's about combined postage prices. I don't think there is a way to turn it off*, but there may be something in the shipping options.

*If the items in the cart on sale, then the button is disabled so the customer can't slug you with multiple discounts.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

What the heck???

If you have all your items as BIN with immediate payment, then I would check your "site preferences" to see that all the settings are correct.   There are options there to offer combined postage etc, so make sure they are not ticked. Other than that, maybe it is just a glitch, in that case just explain to the buyer that you cannot combine postage and maybe send them an invoice with the total amount owing.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

What the heck???

Thanks all - I swear I am totally, totally confused now.

When I make a "pretend purchase" on another browser, it does not give me the option to request a total.

However, I have now gone into my preferences and looked under "offer combined payments and postage".

The I click on "Combined payments/Edit" in the next screen.

That comes up with a window that I have screen shotted below.

Here's the confusion - my items are BIN with immediate payment required on each listing, yet this screen tell me that buyers can make payment within 3 days (minimum)???

I'm not sure if I should untick it or leave it.

I have no idea where this comes from.

I would have thought that whatever is in my actual listing overrides other preferences.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

What the heck???

The whole thing gets weirder.

I clicked on the email from Ebay to send the buyer the invoice, and it comes up with a big red message - see screen shot below.

So I thought that maybe I had accidentally listed it on the US site, but when I click on the blue "here" link at the end of the message, it take me to an invoice page here on the Australian site and lets me manually enter the postage.

This is the MOST ridiculous situation I have encountered here in 15 years!

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

What the heck???

The eBay fiddler

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply