What would you do as a seller, buyer of used DVD's with Zero feedback

aps1080
Community Member

I sold a 3 DVD set, Used. The buyer is in NSW, has zero feedback but a member since 31 Dec, 2012

I charged $7.95 for the postage.

I am suspicious (zero feedback) especially with Ebays policies re looking after the buyers.

FYI, I tend to move any money in PayPal out pretty quickly after it arrives by sending it to

another paypal account belonging to someone else.

So, I am thinking I might send it registered post, requiring a signature.

Any thoughts ?

Would you send them registered or just post them normally ?

I could post them express 500gm Post bag which has a tracking number ?

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I think, especially if you are suspicious, sending it with some form of tracking is VERY sensible 🙂 
Trust your gut instincts - I find that when I go against mine I'm always sorry I did.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

Thanks

Will tracking and signature get me off the hook with ebay or Paypal if they open a DNR ?

Surely PayPal can't dispute that ?

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Im shure with signature you can pay a little extra to get phone notification that item had been signed for, when i was selling i made shure item weighed over half a kilo to get the post code on the docket, also sent by signature and tracking was included, thought that way only thing buyer could do was do a item not as described, so to cover that area i video me wrapping item so i could upload the video from phone if need be, it mite seem overkill, but i thought best be safe
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

I just thought I'd mention....

Signature on delivery won't actually help much when it comes to PayPal / eBay INR cases (unless the item is $750 or more), at least, not if the item is being sent as a tracked parcel, as they generally have tracking anyway.

i.e. PayPal will require proof of shipping, so as long as you can prove the package was sent to the buyer's address, it doesn't even matter if the buyer did or did not receive the item, you will eligible for seller protection. 

For the sake of this particular question, I'll leave out the "what does eBay classify as 'delivery', and presume it does actually mean proof that the article was delivered (physically) to the buyer, not just handed over to the carrier - in that case, sig on delivery will only give you documentation if it was delivered. If you pay for SOD and the package is not delivered, the buyer will (more than likely) win a case. The only difference it might really make is that it probably makes it more likely the package will be scanned on delivery, but an online status of delivered is as good as SOD when it comes to eBay's MBG (when the item is under $750, particularly if you use an eBay label because the proof of the postage address is immediately verifiable). 

BTW if by 500gm post bag you mean a pre-paid satchel, SOD won't give you much of anything you need for PayPal or eBay - I added SOD to an express satchel the other week, and received no documentation for it at all, and of course, the receipt just shows that I purchased a satchel. If the buyer initiated a claim (non eBay purchase, so MBG wasn't applicable), the only hope I'd have of defending it via PayPal is if the tracking status showed the package as delivered to the buyer's post code, because that's the only way there'd be a matching detail to the delivery address.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

dvdezydvds
Community Member

I would also be taking photos of dvd to prove no scratches etc. No way will i sell dvds on here anymore. They can be burnt and then sent back. Not hard to copy it, then add scratches. Say it doesn't work and send back. I won't even sell new one's on here now.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

@bakeandfry wrote:
Im shure with signature you can pay a little extra to get phone notification that item had been signed for, when i was selling i made shure item weighed over half a kilo to get the post code on the docket, also sent by signature and tracking was included, thought that way only thing buyer could do was do a item not as described, so to cover that area i video me wrapping item so i could upload the video from phone if need be, it mite seem overkill, but i thought best be safe

None of my parcel items weigh over 500g and if I go to my small PO, the receipt always has the post code. The main PO doesn't always put them on, which is a pain. Although I rarely go there, I much prefer the service at the smaller on.

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I have an account with Aus Post so everything gets written up on a sheet. From memor the post code is on the docket.

Baker

I have taken photos in the past, just in case so it's not over the top !

I did it with the DVD's I sent last week.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

i-love-my-sheep Community Member
12:42 AM
bakeandfry wrote:
None of my parcel items weigh over 500g and if I go to my small PO, the receipt always has the post code. The main PO doesn't always put them on, which is a pain. Although I rarely go there, I much prefer the service at the smaller on
~~
My post master told me to get post code on docket was for it to weigh over half a kilo, and you cant get it with items under that weight, mmm, wonder if they told me that to make me fork over more cash for posting.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

"wonder if they told me that to make me fork over more cash for posting. "

Some PO's are great. Some not so.

Having a good PO that doesn't try to extract the last $$$ from every item is great.
Message 10 of 22
Latest reply