When can I post my items now with managed payments??

Hmmm. My managed payments thingo is now active, and every sale I've had for the last 3 days says payment has been made, but funds are being held until cleared.

Ok, fine, but I'm used to receiving funds into my Paypal account and being able to post literally right away.

How long will it take for all these future payments to clear, and if it's 2-3 days, how am I supposed to maintain my account's postage and handling time of 1-2 days? I don't want to change it to 3-5 days just because of this! I like being quick for my customers!
Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

in the email you get from ebay it should have one of two subjects - "Sale Confirmed:" or "Your ebay item sold!" Once you received the "Your ebay item sold!" email, you're supposed to post. alternatively, if it shows as "awaiting postage" in your my ebay dashboard you should also post. 

the funds will show as "pending" in your "Payments" (the managed payments) tab, but the funds are being processed on ebays end and they have received them. 

that's my understanding anyway. 

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Anything that is in awaiting shipment, you ship immediately, regardless the payment status in your manage payment
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

We went on the MPS today and although had several sales we never received a single email notification of a sale from eBay.

Only way of seeing sales is in the "Awaiting Delivery" segement of the Sellers Hub.

If I forget to check then a sale could sit there for some time before I see it

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

@djavusydney wrote:
Anything that is in awaiting shipment, you ship immediately, regardless the payment status in your manage payment

I'm just kind of laughing at this. Really? How gullible are you people. 

op DO NOT POST until you have the money in your bank account. Ignore this misguided advice. The reason they are holding paynents for days while they 'clear' (big LOL to that) is because they can AND demand you post an item not paid for. Like what?? 

Don't be a sheep. Sheep enable this kind of abuse of power. Quite simply it's terrifying how easy people are to con. If all shipments were delayed due to Ebay holding and profiting off payments (they should clear fairly instantly), what's a bet 'ol feebay would speed up the transfers

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Says someone who admittedly doesn't sell on eBay and probably wants other sellers to cop negs so their own atrocious feedback isn't so glaringly obvious.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to clarify.

If the item is 'awaiting postage' you post

If the item is 'awaiting payment' you don't post.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

@11dustyattic wrote:

@djavusydney wrote:

I'm just kind of laughing at this. Really? How gullible are you people. 

op DO NOT POST until you have the money in your bank account. Ignore this misguided advice. The reason they are holding paynents for days while they 'clear' (big LOL to that) is because they can AND demand you post an item not paid for. Like what?? 

Don't be a sheep. Sheep enable this kind of abuse of power. Quite simply it's terrifying how easy people are to con. If all shipments were delayed due to Ebay holding and profiting off payments (they should clear fairly instantly), what's a bet 'ol feebay would speed up the transfers

This is a genuine question:

Why should anyone trust you over any other member posting here - can you please help me to understand your qualifications and / or evidence to be providing this advice, other than "eBay bad"?

If I blindly follow what you say, just because you call people who don't "sheep", wouldn't that - in fact - make me a sheep?

If it doesn't, please explain why not. 

Secondary question, if you feel like answering it honestly.... Have you ever actually dealt with an online payment system other than PayPal before? 

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Hello,everyone. To be respectful is very important in your interaction with other members here. I'd like to remind you that content that is harmful, hostile, threatening, abusive, baiting, vulgar, defamatory, harassing, or includes hate or racist speech, name calling, or profanity will be edited or removed. Please read about our policy here: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Feedback/Updates-coming-to-eBay-com-au-Discussion-Boards/... Thanks very much.
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

I'd like to remind you that content that is harmful, hostile, threatening, abusive, baiting, vulgar, defamatory, harassing, or includes hate or racist speech, name calling, or profanity will be edited or removed.

I totally agree. it would be good if you policed this.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply