When will eBay Australia stop profiteering in a crisis and cap FVF fees @ $1.10 per listing

As a Individual seller I am absoutely disgusted with the behaviour of eBay Australia profiteering in the height of a crisis.

Whilst people are struggling to make ends meet eBay insists on charging full fees for listings which have to be passed on to their buyers. Makes you wonder if eBay has a social conscience after so many years of grand profits.

We all have a responsibility to help in a crisis. Profiteering in a crisis may lead to a quick surge in profits but it will definitely leave a stain on buyers and sellers perception of eBay as a whole.

As a seller I can afford to hold out and pull all my listings off until the eBay greed stops but that is only means that buyers are deprived of much needed goods at prices at half the price of retail. Meanwhile eBay is not getting a cent in commission. So there are no winners just losers. 

Your thoughts?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

When will eBay Australia stop profiteering in a crisis and cap FVF fees @ $1.10 per listing

My thoughts.....have a look at the 100+ threads already started about this....dob in the items you think are profiteering and move on
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

My thought is that eBay are under no obligation cut their income just because you want them to.

With people being encouraged to stay home, there should be money available to purchase online, rather than in B&Ms. Therefore more sales for sellers. There is no guarantee that sellers would pass on any fee reductions, so I doubt eBay cutting their economic throat would advantage buyers one iota.

YOU would, I'm sure. Or would you claim that you can't do your day job so you need to profit more from your eBay business?

I would suggest you look up the meaning of profiteer. It doesn't mean charging the same for a good or service as has previously been the case.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
My thoughts.....have a look at the 100+ threads already started about this....dob in the items you think are profiteering and move on

OP was complaining about eBay not reducing their fees.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

point taken......this is the price of capitalism
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

How do you work out that ebay is profiteering?

Have they increased their fees?

It is only profiteering if prices are increased for no good reason.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Have you been disgusted enough to tell eBay your thoughts?

I think,no 

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

why you are deffending fees from ebay ? have share in the co or something?
i believe 10% selling fee is not fair
Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

do you think ebay care abour enyones thoughts?

nope

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply